Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 2 bleeds this month. Reason to worry?  (Read 908 times)

Jaylow

2 bleeds this month. Reason to worry?
« on: October 20, 2018, 09:49:45 PM »

I'm on estrogel 2 pumps a day and utrogestan 2 a day for 10 days a month taken vaginally.

I had a bleed, as usual, around 3 days after I'd finished the 10 days of utrogestan. After that I upped my dose of estrogel slightly, just half a pump more per day. This was because symptoms of dryness were no better. Then, 12 days after the last day of my bleed, it started again! The night before this I inserted a vagifem, I haven't been using vagifem regularly. 2 days after this second bleed started it was time to start the utrogestan, and that appeared to stop the bleed.

So I'm thinking, the vagifem and the extra half pump of estrogel - could this have been too much, my lining built up too thick and needed to shed?

Jaylow

Re: 2 bleeds this month. Reason to worry?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Anyone?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »

You need localised treatment for vaginal dryness. Some ladies need both ........ it is usually for Life.  It should not impact on your overall bleeds as it is so localised.  I would suggest using it again for 7 days then alternate nights to see if the feelings ease.

Have a read through of the threads about vaginal atrophy on here.  Make notes  ;)

My periods waxed and waned for 2/3 years prior to stopping altogether.  It's what is 'normal' for you with the odd blip  :D.

Jaylow

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »

Thank you. The dryness wasn't just vaginal, my skin has developed problems and my eyes have dried out causing blocked glands and all sorts of problems, my mouth and teeth etc. I just wondered if the extra estrogen from the last couple of weeks might have caused enough extra build up for the second bleed. I'll see how next month goes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 08:22:42 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry : inside and out  :o ; nostrils, deep in the ears, eyes, skin, vagina ........ between my toes, insteps, back of the neck where I simply can't reach  >:(  ::)

Keep a diary?  Make notes?

A good moisturiser might help, used regularly to keep the skin supple.  I find enough with Savlon or Vaseline hand cream.  [in the yellow bottle]. 

If you are worried maybe opt for a womb scan ......... to measure the thickness? 

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »

Hi Jaylou

The oestrogen from the Vagifem would not have made any difference to uterine bleeding although sometimes the actual act of inserting can cause local abrasion of vaginal tissues as they are fragile if low in oestrogen. It sounds to me like the early bleeding was due to increased oestrogen from the gel making your womb lining more unstable. If you want to continue with the higher dose then maybe best to extend your cycle to the full 12 days of prog? Depending on whether or not you are still peri-menopausal - if so then your own hormones could also kick in causing unpredictable bleeding.

As CLKD says some women need both local and systemic oestrgoen so if you were otherwise happy on 2 pumps of gel for your other symptoms - then go back to this dose and start a proper course of Vagifem ie daily for 14 days (not 7), with twice a week thereafter as a maintenance dose. When I'm on the Utro part of my cycle I insert the Utro at night and the Vagifem in the morning - I try approx 12 hours later anyway!

Good luck and hope the bleeding settles down.

Hurdity x