Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: System Sequi Conti Patch  (Read 1874 times)

LesleyB1964

System Sequi Conti Patch
« on: August 22, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

Can anyone give me some advice please? I've had anxiety and most symptoms to do with menopause. Anyway, after years of seeking help I finely got a Dr who helped. I'm 54  I still have periods so she sent me for lots of blood tests and told me I was in my menopause. She's given me the System Sequi Conti patch 50 and after 5 weeks I've not noticed much improvements. I still don't sleep and have dark thoughts. It's helped with flushes and joint pain tho but seems to affect my feet  My question is - seeing as she's a lovely Dr I want to ask her for the correct patch or a higher dose? Can anyone help? Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:02:32 PM by LesleyB1964 »

Dotty

Re: System Sequi Conti Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:05:01 AM »

Hi at your age you didn't need blood tests to say you were in menopause.

As you are still having periods then you need a sequi hrt. The only other patch available is Femseven sequi, but there have been ladies on here saying there is a production shortage.

You could try Femoston tablets which suit a lot of ladies. Or Oestrogel with Utrogestan or a Mirena Coil.  xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 07:44:13 AM »

Hi Lesley. Do you mean you have been given a sequential HRT which includes two different types of patches. You use the 50 patch for two weeks then the conti ones for the next two weeks or that you use the same type of patch all month?

It can take three months before you will know whether a particular HRT is right for you so it's still quite early days. Hot flushes and joint pain are usually the first things to improve. Low mood is often one of the more later things to improve and sometimes HRT doesn't help with this but the very fact you will begin to feel better in yourself can lead to an improvement in mood.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

LesleyB1964

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:58:01 AM »

Hi thanks both for your reply. Yes on the two weeks Oestrogen and then two week progesterone. Ok I'll give it another month to see if I feel better. The balls of my feet are killing me but all research seems to suggest it's coincidental. If this fails I'll ask for the gel and the pill. She said pill caused slightly more side effects as I have two small fibroids.  :-\

Lesley
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:19:30 AM »

Are your patches Evorel?

Taz x

Jaymac

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 11:35:51 AM »

I was on System Sequi Conti Patch for 3 months - and I felt worse mentally than ever.  However, today I went to GP who has prescribed antidepressants as perhaps what im going thru is not only hormone related as have alot of other very stressful things going on so maybe its worth chatting to your dr about that too?  My hormones DEFFO play a role in my mental state but I think (for me) the AD are needed too at the moment.

LesleyB1964

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »

Hi Taz,

Says System Sequi on the box and in the box it had everol 50 x 4 and everol conti x 4

pamb

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 03:07:05 PM »

System Sequi is the same as Evorel.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »

Thanks I didn't realise that. Evorel contains Norethisterone which can cause low mood and PMT type  symptoms in some women (me included) so this may be why you are still feeling low.

Taz x

LesleyB1964

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »

On no - well that explains it. I asked my hubby and he said he thinks I'm worse and more tearful. I'll need to read through again and write down what to ask for. Thanks so much Taz.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 10:47:42 PM »

Not every one is affected but it's worth considering. It may still settle down but you really need to try it for the three months to see whether it does which I understand may be difficult

Taz x