Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt side effects  (Read 715 times)

catlover68

Hrt side effects
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »

Hi all

I'm nearly 51 and I've just started on 1mg elleste solo tablets a week ago (along with mirena coil)and I'm experiencing some side effects. I take it after breakfast every day and after about 20 mins I start feeling lightheaded,a sort of pressure in my chest(though this could be anxiety as suffering badly with this for past year)then I feel a bit better for a while then as the day goes on I get the dizzy and nausea feeling on and off. I am having a hard time with this menopause,awful anxiety,headaches,feeling tearful all the time,feelings of panic and doom and generally very tired.

I have tried the patches but again they make me feel like crap! I nearly went onto antidepressants but don't want to go down that route. The hrt has made me feel a bit better in some respects but the side effects are still really annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

Taz2

Re: Hrt side effects
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:33:42 PM »

Hi catlover68. It can take up to three months to settle on to any HRT so it is early days for you. I would say try to persevere for longer if at all possible but if you can't you might like to try the gel plus separate progesterone as the patches didn't suit you.

You will find support, understanding and friendship on here.

Taz X  :welcomemm:

catlover68

Re: Hrt side effects
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:09:48 AM »

Thanks Taz,the doctor did say it can take up to 3 months. I'm hoping it's just my body getting used to it as I really don't want to go back to the way I was feeling. I've got the coil so I'm presuming I don't need separate progesterone?

I'm still feeling really bad anxiety most of the time,it's so frustrating. I used to be able to cope with day to day stuff but just a little thing makes my anxiety flare up and I now tend to dwell on things and overthink too much.

I just never realised that menopause bought along all these debilitating symptoms! Thanks again x