Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 2001 times)

Quirky

Vagifem
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »

Hi...I've had a problem with dryness in the nether region for a number of years...was prescribed Sylk by a gynae consultant many moons ago and athough made things better ish (had a traumatic birth/and have an underactive thyroid/hysterectomy at 34 leaving ovaries)...i still tear/bleed however careful hubby is...really not very romantic saying ohhh no not like that lol...but it's not really funny at all...I miss the let's get too it sex. Finally got the courage to see the GP last week and yep I'm menopausal with a fsh of 59.8...no symptoms as such except the blasted vag dryness/itchyness +++ so I've been put on vagifem and I'd like some advice please x
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:01:50 AM by Quirky »

Annie0710

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »

Glad you've been given vagifem

My experiences are I use it in the morning, as most sex happens at night and I don't want my pessary being wasted on his willy lol so in the early days did the 2 week daily, plus sylk for the sex

Uti's and dryness and splitting continued so I used ovestin oestrogen cream externally with the vagifem.  Ovestin is good but messy so I tried vagifem more often and halfway up to help in and out and results were amazing.  I can't reneber the last time I used lubrucation, trial and error I started to  use vagifem daily, gp reduced my dose and I got a kidney infection so hopefully from now on I'll be back to daily x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 11:58:46 AM »

:rofl:

Love it Annie I haven't heard of willies for years,I hate and detest the official word actually ,willy is so much more user friendly 😂😂😘

I daren't use stronger language here so reverted back to the word I'd use if I need to talk to my grandson  :rofl:  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »

Do read our threads on Vaginal Atrophy.  Lots of info there. 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »

Ladies ;D I have four sons and two grandsons meaning I have seen a lot of w*****s running around  ::)

Back to the Vagifem...after your two week load find a maintenance dose that suits you, I have never managed the twice a week dose and don't discontinue it, also you could ask for Ovestin for the outer bits too.
Like you my main menopause issue has really only been the awful VA and mine started in the peri stage.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 01:38:06 PM »

;D

As a complete aside: why can men go topless whereas we Girls  >:(  :D

Quirky

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »

Many thanks for all your replies...very naive about it all...I'll defo ask for some additional stuff for outer bits...felt a wally and that I was wasting the docs time...but I really couldn't carry on as I was...just thought oh well part of getting older...though I tell all and sundry I'm only 25 😉...this forum is brill...it's not like you can go around and say...have you used vagifem for your dry vagina is it lol x

Quirky

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »

Also, I was never told I could use Sylk as and when...it was only for the bedroom antics...I could have saved myself a lot of uncomfortable moments if I would have known this before x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »

I'm 16 - in my head  ;D  ;)

Many of us are naive.  I thought it was cessation of periods - which menopause means.  Didn't know anything other than ladies might have hot flushes .......... as for the rest! 

Every day is a learning curve. 

Quirky

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »

Glad you've been given vagifem

My experiences are I use it in the morning, as most sex happens at night and I don't want my pessary being wasted on his willy lol so in the early days did the 2 week daily, plus sylk for the sex

Uti's and dryness and splitting continued so I used ovestin oestrogen cream externally with the vagifem.  Ovestin is good but messy so I tried vagifem more often and halfway up to help in and out and results were amazing.  I can't reneber the last time I used lubrucation, trial and error I started to  use vagifem daily, gp reduced my dose and I got a kidney infection so hopefully from now on I'll be back to daily x

Thanks Annie0710...started this morning...as good point about the sex though I want to wait until I've done the 2 week loading dose before relations recommence lol x