Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT.....  (Read 1096 times)

joolz3

HRT.....
« on: August 16, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »

Finally after struggling to see a woman GP, and trying the alternative way to treat my hot flashes etc... got an appointment and have opted to try HRT..been prescribed Femoston conti 2.5mg..ive been doing a fair bit of reading and tryibg to look at this menopause deal as a new way of life, looking into my diet and exercice etc...was just wondering tho, does anyone take vitamin supplements alongside HRT and if so, which ones?...any advice welcome  :)

Hurdity

Re: HRT.....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:07:33 AM »

Your post seems to have got missed. Sounds like a great plan to look into your whole lifestyle and diet - as well as HRT which is only one tool to help keep us in good health as we reach this point in our lives. Re supplements - you would get a huge variety of different responses to this.  Ideally you should get pretty much all the vitamins and minerals you need from your diet coupled with a good dose of sunshine between March and October for vit D. Some women with digestive issues and who take particular medication for this (?Proton pump inhibitors) - might have absorption problems necessitating some supplements but most of us shouldn't. If you bleed a lot you might need an iron supplement - eg Floradix herbal tonic which I use about once a week or less when I remember. Everyone needs to make sure they get Vit D but depending on your skin colour and where you live during the summer months you should get enough and if your diet includes foods ruch in vit D. In winter if you;ve had enough sun you will have stores in your liver and keep up with the Vit D rich diet. Later in winter you might want to take extra. I take some cod liver oil every few days which has vid D just to top up from Dec or so. Otheriwse - get eating all those fruit and veg, meat fish, eggs dairy etc - whole variety of fruit and veg of different colours. The key thing - is make fresh food from fresh ingredients and avoid processed food as much as possible. make sure your calcium intkae is good - but again can do this from your diet...NHS website gives recommendations as to vit supplements too...https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/  Some women take a hugh variety of stuff - maybe they will be along.

Hope this is useful and that the HRT works for you :)

Hurdity x

joolz3

Re: HRT.....
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:36:15 AM »

:) thank you for the advice, its much appreciated xx