Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When oestrogen is low - query for non-hrt ladies  (Read 749 times)

Charys

When oestrogen is low - query for non-hrt ladies
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »

So, I'm not there yet...the final big end. However, something is concerning me; I always know really clearly when my oestrogen is low (silly cycles at the moment, very erratic, but I can 'tell' just from my symptoms what my body is doing internally) - I am very tearful (sometimes all day), incredibly low, get panic attacks, feel muscle twitching, constipated, a bit of stress incontinence, insomnia and horrible hot sweats. This is only NOW even before I'm in the stage before I'm flatlining hormonally! I am a different person on weeks when oestrogen is raised. If I'm this bad now, will it just get worse and worse or will it even out and I/my body get used to it after the final period/meno event. I know that nobody can say what somebody else will have as their outcome, but I am interested in some opinions on this. I have a background and history of not coping well with hormonal changes  :'(I am unable to be prescribed HRT. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:05:26 PM by Charys »

jaypo

Re: When oestrogen is low - query for non-hrt ladies
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:46:40 PM »

Hi charys, I know exactly what you're saying,I've decided on the non hrt way,anxiety and panic attacks are the pits,I have no idea if I'm going to get worse,stay the same or get better,different road for all of us I think, I'm 55 and have no idea when my last period would've been as I had a hysterectomy when I was 45 but still have my ovaries,so did notice sore breasts etc up until a couple of years ago, I always got that before a period but I just take each day as it comes and battle on
Xx

Charys

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »

Its rather like asking how long a piece of string is.

I know, I know, sorry. I guess I am asking those women who struggled psychologically during peri, a kind of straw poll. Someone told me recently that it was the 'highs and lows' and erratic nature of the changes that made it so hard on some women, I am asking if people in general have found that to be the case.

Depends whether/how quickly your body

Yep, indeed.......I am just feeling a bit hopeless right now. I am scared of being one of those who doesn't adjust at all, as I have no options.

Hiyer Jaypo!

Aint they just, its ridiculous how quickly a panic attack can set in from literally no-where. Its horrible.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:59:45 PM by Charys »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »

So why not take appropriate medication for 6-8 months?  I have taken ADs since 1980s as well as having an anti-anxiety medication to hand.  I was told not to have HRT after breast surgery.  However ........ if push came to shove ;-).

When I was 12/13/14 I remember crying the night B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due.  I would sob as though my heart would break, sure enough, next morning I would be bleeding.  I had PMT in my 30s.  Advised to eat every 3 hours, so that might help you though you need to be disciplined.  Otherwise the anxiety might surge as blood sugars alter.  I have nibbles to hand: dried fruits and nuts, bananas, slow release breakfast which helps a lot ..........

:bighug: