Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Now am ok with progesterone  (Read 804 times)

Pearl plum

Now am ok with progesterone
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »

Hi I took progesterone and hated it as it made me feel depressed and weepy. I began applying it a few days per month vaginally to protect uterus. I had scan recently and showed thickening of lining - I tried progesterone again (urerogestan) and I can tolerate it ok now - I think that I may not have been using enough - oddly enough. It seems when first days take it can make feel low but this may have been as not taking enough. It does make me sleepy but taken at night with Oestrogel during day is now working for me. Hallelujah!

Question. Will the progesterone now act to thin down down the thickened endometrium?

GP happy with everything.

Dancinggirl

Re: Now am ok with progesterone
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:04 PM »

You need to take enough progesterone to ensure the womb lining doesn't thicken.  You need to use at least 10-12 days each month to produce a good bleed that sheds the lining.  You may find you start to get erratic or heavy bleeding if you don't use enough Utrogestan vaginally for enough days each month. At least one capsule per day (maybe 2) for 12 days each month is advisable.  DG x