Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: itchy rash on elleste duet 1mg  (Read 2419 times)

Fedfan

itchy rash on elleste duet 1mg
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »

Hi there,
I started elleste duet 1mg 2 weeks ago and the first week seemed fine. Two days ago I started getting back ache and really heavy feeling in my left breast. Last night when getting ready for bed I noticed a spotty rash under left breast. It is quite sore. I have taken todays tablet this morning but worried now about continuing on these tablets-I am due to start the green tablets (progesterone) tomorrow and read peoples experiences are even worse on these tablets. Just thinking shall I stop taking them altogether. I had to persuade a gp to let me trial HRT in the first place to see if it would help with an ear issue I have been experiencing for last 2 years whereby my ears feel blocked . Seen ENT and had tests and they could find no reason for this and through my own research I realised it could be due to falling hormone levels. I am 51 and experiencing a few othe peri issues too such as day sweats, headaches, brain fog.
I also have MS but that has been pretty stable. Just unsure whether to continue on hrt . Getting a GP appt at my surgery is really difficult and I have read that the first month on hrt can be difficult but then side effects can settle down once your body gets used to it.
Has anyone got any advice

Dancinggirl

Re: itchy rash on elleste duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »

It can take some weeks for the body to adjust and settle with any hrt.
I doubt the rash is down to the hormones.
I assume you are using a sequential hrt?
Sore breasts and a variety of other symptoms will occur as the body ‘wakes up' with the hormones.
DG x

Fedfan

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 10:28:30 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure the rash is due to the HRT as never had it before. Yes I'm on sequential hrt. Just feeling like I want to stop taking it. I know 16 days isn't a very long time but maybe my body has enough to contend with with the MS.
I haven't yet taken todays tablet-the first green one (Estradiol and noretheisterone) Would it be best do you think to continue with these tablets to finish the pack and have the bleed or would just 2 weeks worth of Estradiol only tablet not cause any issues regarding womb lining.
Thanks for any advice

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »

Yes, probably wise to continue to ensure you get a proper bleed to shed the womb lining.
We have had several ladies visiting this forum who have MS and find that HRT can help - perhaps do a thread asking more specifically about MS and HRT to see if you get some feedback about the benefits.

I do think it might be worth your while continuing for at least another month to see if you get any benefits - you might be surprised.  So many women blame HRT for all sorts of strange side effects and then give up. So far you have only  been on oestrogen and this tends to be the feel good hormone and rarely gives problems - this is why I am doubtful that the rash is as a result of the HRT. It is very hot right now and the rash could simply be a heat rash - just continue and see if it disappears over the next few days - do make sure you dry that area really well after showering each day.
DG x

Fedfan

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »

Been to GP today and you're right DG the rash isn't due to hrt but I've got shingles. I can continue with the hrt plus tablets she prescribed to help with shingles. Just an unfortunate coincidence I got it soon after starting on elleste.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:31 PM »

HRT should improve your immunity so you might be less likely to get shingles and other viruses. Shingles can be nasty so do take care - the tablets the GP has given you may well help reduce the severity and aid a quick recovery.
Get well soon.   DG xxxx