Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: gluten dairy allergy  (Read 1346 times)

Loubylou

gluten dairy allergy
« on: August 10, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »

I have developed allergies with menopause. Whenever I have cows milk, wheat and onion I get a horrible tight feeling in my throat. My throat and sinus gets filled with thick mucus that I have to hack up for hours. They normally lead to migraine. I've mentioned it to my doctors but they haven't suggested testing because I think they struggle with managing my premature menopause.

I'd like to get allergy tests but Id have to pay private.

Has anyone else got this issue?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:59:01 AM by Loubylou »

AgathaC

Re: glueten dairy allergy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

It's number 16 on the list of 34 menopause symptoms on my other favourite website (34-menopause-symptoms.com). I find that website really helpful in conjunction with this forum.
It explains about the link between hormones and the immune system and allergies.
I've not had any allergies but I've had lots of digestive issues. I used to hear aunts and my grandma say things like “I can't eat that. It doesn't agree with me”, and I never understood what they meant. I certainly do now! I have soya milk and avoid onions and tomatoes if possible. Dr Koufman's diet is very good and lots of the (much more experienced than me!) ladies on here seem to avoid caffeine xx

Loubylou

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »

It’s number 16 on the list of 34 menopause symptoms on my other favourite website (34-menopause-symptoms.com). I find that website really helpful in conjunction with this forum.
It explains about the link between hormones and the immune system and allergies.
I’ve not had any allergies but I’ve had lots of digestive issues. I used to hear aunts and my grandma say things like “I can’t eat that. It doesn’t agree with me”, and I never understood what they meant. I certainly do now! I have soya milk and avoid onions and tomatoes if possible. Dr Koufman’s diet is very good and lots of the (much more experienced than me!) ladies on here seem to avoid caffeine xx

Thanks Agatha. I will have a look at that website. Yes, I know what you mean. My Grandma used to say "I like milk but it doesn't like me!" I now say the same thing.  I want to have allergy testing as many people don't believe me, they think I'm being fussy. If I had it on paper I'd know for sure

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 06:32:53 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5992159/Experts-report-rise-women-developing-hay-fever-asthma-food-intolerance-middle-age.html 

This article was in the daily mail a few weeks ago about women developing allergies during menopause x

Loubylou

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »

Your gp can arrange allergy testing I had it when I kept getting pleurisy due to mould spores but I had a decent practice then,I'm suffering terribly with food intolerance and I'm very post meno lol.gluten and lactose are torturing me I can't even have an ice cream now so I'm going to turn my gut around now I'm determined. I'm sick of being sick,I love my food and cook everything from scratch I hate frozen chips/ foods and ready meals so I'm going to change my whole approach to food and stick with what I know,I don't even have takeaways these days I darent.😘

Yes I am with you on that one. I am going to make an appointment to see an allergist privately in London. Its expensive but I only have to do it once. I I'm sick of the migraines and the hacking up of phlegm in the mornings.
I cut out a lot of gluten by not buying pasta or bread anymore. I still have in sometimes in cakes and biscuits. I don't know if am allergic to it or just intolerant.
I had a readymeal paella last night and just second after eating it my throat began to close up and I started hacking. Sometime I think am I being a hypochondriac but my sister doesn't hack up like this.

Loubylou

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5992159/Experts-report-rise-women-developing-hay-fever-asthma-food-intolerance-middle-age.html 

This article was in the daily mail a few weeks ago about women developing allergies during menopause x

Thanks Dotty I read that. Very interesting. Hormones affect so much!

Loubylou

Re: gluten dairy allergy
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »

No your ur not you know your own body.ive been in bed the whole week Ill and in horrible gut pain.my granddaughter 5 has just been diagnosed lactose intolerant via hospital so I'm in no doubt it's food intolerance,my pokey hat has really made me suffer lol.and by the way ladies if you google pokey hat it comes back as “ Scottish term for ice cream cornet” made us giggle last night it's just such a natural term for us to use.
You do what you feel is right for you intolerance is completely different from allergy so better safe than sorry.😘Jeanie

Pokey hat  ;D  Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Have you ever had an allergy screen?  Hope you feel better soon!