Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Angelig  (Read 1069 times)

Yvonneh12

• First Flush
Angelig
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »

Hi. I'm new to the forum and could use some advice. I am post menopausal and haven't had a period for over 2 years. I was prescribed progesterone only tablets for 3 months by my doctor and felt great. As I still have uterus I was then prescribed Angelig a month ago and I now feel back to pre medication state;  tired, anxious and hormonal and not my usual self. How long shall I give this before I go back to the doctor because this doesn't feel like its helping at all?  I've also had a loss in libido which is really upsetting as my poor partner is really supportive and I don't want my relationship to suffer. Any help would be great! Thanks, Yvonne.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:05:38 PM by Yvonneh12 »

Dancinggirl

Re: Angelig
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Why were you given progesterone on it's own to start with?? Are you sure it was progesterone ?  I suspect it was oestrogen, as oestrogen tends to make one feel really good and progesterone is the hormone that can bring side effects like PMT and fatigue. Angelique is a continuous HRT and this means using progesterone all the time and this can give more side effects.  It can take 3-6 months before things settle but it sounds to me as though you are not doing well with this type of HRT. Many women stick with a sequential HRT, well into post menopause, so there is minimal progesterone used but this does involve a monthly bleed.
If you want to improve libido then it might be worth trying Tibolone (Livial) as this can control menopause symptoms and improve libido as well.
DG x

There are many options so look under TREATMENTS on this site to see your choices.  Many women go for transdermal HRT which comes in combined patches or a regime with separate oestrogen as gel or patch and progesterone as pills.
It is trial and error I'm afraid.  DG x

Yvonneh12

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Of course I meant oestrogen - this is how my brain is lately!
I have tried Tibolone last year and felt awful and put on weight so took myself of it. I then had a consultant appointment who suggested oestrogen first then a combined HRT regime. He led me to believe this tablet would work wonders so I am surprised at how poor I feel. I was supposed to go for a review 3 months after starting this so was wondering if I should give it longer to work? Yvonne

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »

You may be better on a sequential
regime if the progesterone is not good for you.
Many women do well with Oestrogel or oestrogen patches constantly with Utrogestan or Provera for 10-12 days each month for the progesterone part. This would involve a withdrawal bleed but many women stick with sequi HRT well into post meno.
My best HRT regime in post meno was the Mirena with Oestrogel - this is usually a non bleed option and as the Mirena delivers a small amount of continuous progesterone more locally, there is less systemic absorption, so fewer side effects.
Look under TREATMENTS for more info. DG x

Aileenf

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »

Hi just been on angeliq for 6 months, first three months were fab, then have bled more or less continually for the last three months.