Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scan result : Continious progesterone 3 times a week experiment  (Read 3310 times)

matildamouse

Re: Scan result : Continious progesterone 3 times a week experiment
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 01:23:45 AM »

Hi MatildaMouse

no this isn't normal side effects for me - I usually get a limited amount of stomach upset, which settles quickly, and progessively worse and worse depression from continuous utrogestan at 100mg daily (vaginally). After about a week of alternate days I'm feeling really ill - constant stomachache, nausea and backache, plus bleeding all the time. So kind of like having a really horrible period all the time. I suspect the problem in my case is that I'm on a higher dose of oestrogen than you (Evorel 100) so this amount of progesterone just isn't enough, but the annoying thing is it is helping with the anxiety, which is the main problem for me. Seems like I just can't get the balance right - if I drop the oestrogen dose I get depressed, if I take progesterone for too long I get depressed, but without it I get horrible anxiety. Aaaaaaargh, what to do next?

I have a friend who also tried the alternative nights of progesterone and started spotting, so it seems every one has got a different "sweet spot" where you don't get spotting, feels OK and lining build up is safe. And what a process to discover that "sweet spot"...(if ever!) and usually not with a Drs help, but struggling on your own! Have your tried the oral progesterone every nights as apparently less gets absorbed in the system? I have no idea what else to suggest....maybe the knowledgeable ladies on here will be able to help. Good luck!!!

racjen

Re: Scan result : Continious progesterone 3 times a week experiment
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 07:25:48 AM »

I did try oral progesterone way back at the beginning of all this, and it gave me worse side effects in terms of stomach upset, but I might try it again as things seem to keep changing all the time. I finally have a referral to an NHS consultant in Sept. so maybe she'll be able to suggest something else.
Pages: 1 [2]