Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spotting after 6 months?  (Read 786 times)

periwinkle68

Spotting after 6 months?
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »

Hi ladies,

The last time I had my period was Dec 2017, so about 6 months ago.  Even the hot flashes had subsided and I thought I was well on my way to the 12 month mark to reach menopause.  About a week ago, I started spotting - nothing like a full period, just a very light bleed with more pink colored blood.  I'm trying to figure out if this is common?  To go 6 months with nothing and then to have something like this happen?  I'm about 3 years into my perimenopause stage as I started having irregularly timed periods back in 2015.  Normally, my regular periods lasted a total of 7 days with the last couple days light, but this has been constant spotting for 7 days with no stop in between. And I've resumed having hot flashes again.  I don't want to rush off to the doctor if this is all a normal part of the menopause transition, can someone tell me if they have had similar experience?  I've never been on any hormone therapy or anything like that. 

Dotty

Re: Spotting after 6 months?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »

Yes it's all part of peri menopause.  Periods become irregular or can be more frequent.  I think I went 10 months without  a period and then a period arrived and I had to start counting again.

periwinkle68

Re: Spotting after 6 months?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »

Thanks Dotty.  I have been having irregular periods since 2015, but this is the first time I've gone 6 months and then started spotting.  I'm hoping it stops soon and doesn't go on too long - makes me nervous with that light bleed going on for too long.