Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and Estrogel Post Menopause  (Read 1212 times)

aurora

Utrogestan and Estrogel Post Menopause
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »

Hi all -
I had my last period just over a year ago - was using online bioidentcal progesterone for migraine prevention for about a year before that, no other peri symptoms, started getting hot flashes a few weeks after final period so added bi-est (20%estradiol, 80 estriol) the creams took the edge off but weren't really adequate. Also gained loads of weight and a lot of sleep disturbance.
Tested a few weeks ago as subclinical hypothyroid (TSH 5.3), FSH and LH v high and prog and estrogen on the floor.
Had v bad reaction to Levothyroxine a few years ago so dr said re test in few months.
Booked appt with (different) GP to discuss HRT but wasn't able to get one for a month so bought Utrogestan and Oestraclin (same as Estrogel) via a friend in Spain OTC.
Used 100mg Utrogestan vaginally at night for 12 days plus 2.5mg Estrogel everyday plus small dab of Tesosterone gel.
Got normal, fairly light period 3 days after stopping Utrogestan. Currently on day 5 of period.
Just saw GP - she was horrified that I stopped progesterone and was emphatic that once you're fully menopausal you need progesterone constantly (as with Mirena which I defo do not want) in order to keep womb lining thin. She said post menopause you should not have any bleeding.
She's ordered retest of thyroid inc antibodies so I'll know the cause.
I'm sure I've read that it works well to cycle even after meno but now I'm not sure if i'm confusing this with peri...
Oh I'm 58 but we have a history of late meno in my family.
Thanks for any advice!

Dancinggirl

Re: Utrogestan and Estrogel Post Menopause
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »

You can use a sequential hrt regime well into post meno -  your GP is not up to speed. Many women stay with a sequi regime as they do better on this than on a conti regime.
You could do an email consultation with Dr Currie( cost £25) if you need to convince your GP that your sequi regime is OK. DG x

aurora

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:43:29 PM »

Thanks Very much DG :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »

Hi aurora

As Dancinggirl says - I am one of those. I'm 65 and still bleeding through choice (although only once every 6-8 weeks ie long cycle HRT!) or rather in preference to having to take continuous progesterone.

Hurdity x

aurora

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 08:57:24 PM »

Thnks Hurdity :)