Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: oestrogen pellets  (Read 1708 times)

Sazduggs

oestrogen pellets
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »

I need help and advice please

I have worn 2 x 100mcg evorel patches for the last year after gradually increasing since my surgical menopause in June 15.  I go and see Nick Panay in London every 6 months and last Thursday I agreed to have oestrogen pellet inserted (I'm also on gel testosterone, and have been for 1 year, which by the way is amazing!!!)

anyway...

I have had it in for 1 week now and was told to wean off the patches over the next 2 weeks.  I took the patches down to 150 after 3 days then on Wednesday at 1 week I went down to 100.  well holy shit I felt awful, shaky, sick, headache, brain fog, muscle weakness, achy joints, just bloody awful, so I put on 25 (125) yesterday and still felt bad then this morning I added another 25 (150 again). I still feel horrific!, anxious, depressed, negative thought pattern,   I feel like I did at my worst after surgery.

I'm now freaking out that its the pellet causing the symptoms and not me lowering the patches.  Not sure what to do!!

I need reassurance or at least someone who can guide me though it!

sarah xx

SueLW

Re: oestrogen pellets
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »

The symptoms of over doing a medication are often the same as under doing it.  This happens to me with thyroid meds.  And it happened to me when I tried using patches.  I felt that I was getting worse so I put a bit more patch on and felt worse, so added a bit more etc.  Awful.  Something finally got into my brain that said "take it off!" and I did and within a few hours I felt so much better.  I then left it until the next day and put a smaller patch on and was fine.

You could perhaps try reducing faster.  That pellet may well have started working quickly.  In fact, I'd try taking it off altogether and see how you feel.  If you start to feel better quickly, you will know that was the right thing to do.  If you get a few symptoms of menopause cropping up again, I'd put up with them now until the pellet takes over.

Sazduggs

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »

I'm too scared to lower my dose again as mid week when I took down to 100 I felt worse than I do now at 150 ☹️

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »

I agree with SueLW
It sounds to me as though you have extremely high oestrogen levels - I would try reducing down much more - try a 50 patch for two days and then nothing or simply stop using the patches. The implants are probably pumping out the oestrogen big time and you really don't need anything extra. It may just be a matter of the body adjusting over a few days but i felt awful in high oestrogen levels. DG x

Sazduggs

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »

Ok so I've spent all morning researching the hell out of pellets and tachyphalaxis...... and am not much better off knowledge wise!  :D

I woke this am feeling okish then as the morning went on I felt tired, grumpy, tearful, a weird heavy open feeling down below (sorry!) and a twitchy bladder, also have eaten my body weight in carbs!  ;D by 11.30 I crashed and literally passed out asleep! Had some lunch and felt a smidge better, all whist suffering a permanent headache and nausea!

So I've just ripped off the 150 patches  :o, I'll give it 2 days, I'm so bloody scared I'm going to feel even worse, I have a crazy week at work next week too.

Ps I didn't think pellets worked for 3-4 weeks?     

Sarah xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 04:10:09 PM »

I bet you will feel better without the patches - let us know how you get on.  Do try to keep off the sugary food - this will not help your mood or energy and may well make the headaches worse. Grab handful of nuts or a piece of fruit instead of carbs and eat small meals regularly throughout the day and drink lots of water avoiding caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol.  DG x

Sazduggs

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:31 PM »

So it's been 4 days since I took the patches off. I felt Great after about 3 hours, then Sunday I felt normal and Monday too. Tuesday night I felt all the ssymptoms slowly coming back but not as severe mainly low mood, racy heart and sore knees. Today I woke feeling ok and was fine most of the day then this afternoon I have felt really tired, pains in bladder (which  were severe until I took off patches) and low mood just blurgh....

I'm assuming it's still high as the bladder pains are back just not as bad as are most of the symptoms, what do I do now????? There is no way to lower it.

It's now been 2 weeks since the pellet was inserted and in assuming I will just get higher until it starts to get lower after the half way point???

I have been eating a lot of carbs and sugary things, I must stop tomorrow as I'm.sure it's not helping

Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »

Your body is still adjusting - you need to be patient as it could take a few weeks for things to truly settle.
The high sugar intake would explain most of your symptoms - lots of sugary stuff will aggrevate the bladder as well!!!
Cut down on the sugar - grab a handful of nuts instead - and drink plenty of water.
The racing heart and aching knees would probably be better with some more walking and gentle exercise. The weather is better tomorrow, so get out in the sunshine, take a good walk each day, drink only water for a couple of days and avoid the sugary stuff  - I think these simple things will help you feel much better. DG x

SueLW

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »

So it's been 4 days since I took the patches off. I felt Great after about 3 hours, then Sunday I felt normal and Monday too. Tuesday night I felt all the ssymptoms slowly coming back but not as severe mainly low mood, racy heart and sore knees. Today I woke feeling ok and was fine most of the day then this afternoon I have felt really tired, pains in bladder (which  were severe until I took off patches) and low mood just blurgh....

I'm assuming it's still high as the bladder pains are back just not as bad as are most of the symptoms, what do I do now????? There is no way to lower it.

It's now been 2 weeks since the pellet was inserted and in assuming I will just get higher until it starts to get lower after the half way point???

I have been eating a lot of carbs and sugary things, I must stop tomorrow as I'm.sure it's not helping

Xx

How are you getting on with the pellet now?  Has it settled down for you?

Sazduggs

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 07:19:20 AM »

Hi,

Yes I have just had my second one inserted.

With the first one after your advice to take all my patches off at the 7 day point I Felt so much better. then with the patch levels of 1400 decreasing and the pellet levels slowly increasing I got about 6-8 weeks of no patches and a general ok feeling, then I started to feel low of E so added a 25 patch, then a 50 then 3 weeks ago I used a 100 patch. This week On Wednesday I had another pellet inserted at the 4 month point and today I have decreased my patch down to 75, I shall take it down in 25's until the patch is gone.

Overall after the initial adjustment period I can honestly say the pellet is amazing, it will probably take to the 3rd one for me to stop needing the odd patch at the beginning and end as it's cumulative but I can highly recommended it.

SueLW

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »

Yes I have just had my second one inserted.

Overall after the initial adjustment period I can honestly say the pellet is amazing, it will probably take to the 3rd one for me to stop needing the odd patch at the beginning and end as it's cumulative but I can highly recommended it.

This is really good to know.  It sounds like you need to have a lot of oestrogen to feel well, but it must be great to have it and not have to keep messing about.  Being able to forget about it for just a few minutes at a time would be marvellous.