Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Did it alone for over 20 years because afraid to discuss with anyone now 60 yrs  (Read 1705 times)

Minion

Hi Everyone
First time on this forum because I only found it in the last few days. I was told by my gyno that I could be going through the menopause at 32 years old (I only learned from my doctor here last Friday that it was probably ovarian failure). I was diagnosed as post menopausal at 39. I never heard of some of the words you are using on the forum ex. perri. I was just diagnosed as full menopausal at 39 and as I lived in the USA at that time I was put on Prempro and it was excellent, never had a symptom while I was on it. After they doing all those researches in the 2000's I was warned to go off it, hence the most miserable 3 years of my life. I then went back on premro until I moved back to Ireland in 2007 aged 49. The doctor then put me on premique and it worked excellent until they stopped producing it. My doctor now is in her 30s and could not and did not want to understand menopause. Anyway, she put me on everol conti patches, hence another 18 months of pure hell. I went back to her last Friday and with begging and pleading with her she eventually put me on Femoston Conti tablets, the lowest dose 0.5/2.5mg. I nearly had to go down on my knees to beg her. I also found this forum on Friday, so 2 good things happened in the one day! Even though it is only Monday I feel good but from reading the forum I don't know how long this will last. As I said above I suffered all of this on my own as I am not a person to talk about it as it always was a no no. None of my friends have gone though it yet, lucky them. I know all the good and bad as to what can happen being on HRT but I really don't care. No one wants to live their life in misery, everyday of their life. So thank God for HRT and thank God for this forum and to all of you posting!

Minion :-*

Hurdity

Hi Minion

:welcomemm:

Thanks for telling us your story - you're not alone any more! There is always someone here any time of the day or night ( well not so many at night apart from insomniacs  :'( and friends across the pond!) to chat to or provide help and support. If you find that the lowest dose of Femoston conti does not suit you do go up a dose - that is an ultra low dose and you may benefit from a bit more oestrogen. There is no longer an age or time limit for HRT - fortunately - the doc should take into account individual circumstances and prescribe accordingly.

Have a good look around all the  boards on the forum = there are chat threads on This and That and a Funny section too, also a wealth of information on the main website.

have fun :)

Hurdity x

Minion

Thanks Hurdity, I will keep an eye out but there is not much info on Femoston Conti, maybe I just did not find them. It is great to know that everyone has a story and that there is no one on their own :)

Minion

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

If you put the name of the product prescribed into the 'search' box on this Forum you can read how others cope with it.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:  make notes ;-)

Bridget

Hello..I live in Dublin and am 62 Seeking to go back on HRT...this site has kept me from going entirely mad..best of luck.

Minion

Thanks Bridget & CLKD. Well it is a week today that I am on the Femoston Conti (lowest dose). I know it is only a week and anything can happen. I am so different it is unreal. I have been able to sleep about 4 hours at a time, first time over 2 hours in 18 months so I am not as tired anymore. Yes I did get some bad headaches during the week and I never get a headache but have disappeared at the moment. I have some pains in my muscles but these I can live with at the moment, as hopefully they can go. My spirit is a lot higher and my house is clean. My relationship with the other half and everybody around me is happy go lucky, so hopefully I am on the road to recovery. As they say don't count your chickens before they are hatched but this week I feel like a new person. No sweats at all during the day and no anxiety or irritation at all. Of course things can change very quickly but l will leave for the moment.
HI Bridget. Don't let your doctor stop you from getting HRT! I fought my case and I have won for the moment. Can't wait for my doctor to go through it :-) she will know that it is not all fun and games. Persevere as it is your body and your life! And as long as you know the side effects and are happy to accept them just go ahead. Do you want to live for the next 20 years or so (hopefully) and be miserable, I don't and that is why I am persevering. Nora