Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 1071 times)

Aileenf

Advice please
« on: July 30, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »

Hi guys, I have been on Angeliq now for six months, whilst I am feeling ok no flushes etc I started with a trace bleed in May, for the last few weeks the bleeding is becoming heavier and getting bad period pain, bearing in mind that I have been post menopausal for 4 years I'm not very happy.

I read on a post here a few months ago that it's was because of too progesterone or too little estrogen but not sure which way round.

I spoke to my pharmacist who is fab, and she has had a look at a couple of alternative hrt's for me.  Elleste duet and Kliovanze does anyone Have any advice for me before I go back to the menopause clinic, as they want me to go down the coil and gel route.

Thanks in advance.

Dotty

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »

Any bleeding after 6 months on hrt should be investigated . Go and see your GP x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »

Hi Aileenf.
Yes Dottys right.
I had bleeding after starting hrt when I was 51.i was 1year post meno then.
So doc referred me to hospital for them to have a look, they had a look with a
camera thingy, and said apart from a cyst on right ovarie, everything was fine.
It was easy peasy.
Don't worry, but plz go to doc and tell her/him.

Take care.
Jd x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

Hi and welcome Aileen

Dotty is right I'm afraid, you should see your GP as you should have a scan to see what is causing the bleeding. The standard combination HRTs available are formulated to give a good balance of oestrogen and progesterone but sometimes absorption of progesterone is not sufficient to ensure the womb lining doesn't build up. High doses of oestrogen can result in erratic bleeding if not enough progesterone is used. Erratic bleeding sometimes occurs if there are fibroids or polyps or there is simply too much build up of the womb lining, so a scan will determine what is going on.  You could consider having a Mirena fitted as this can be the best way to protect the womb lining and then have oestrogen as  patch or gel alongside. Keep us posted. DG x

Aileenf

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »

Hi guys all checks have been done and healthy, this is my 2nd lot of HRT, I was on everol conti patches October to January and not only was I bleeding but was incredibly despressed, that's why I moved onto Angeliq.

Thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »

If all is ok then the Mirena with separate oestrogen may be your best non bleed hrt option. DG x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:34:33 AM »

Try Oestrogel and Utrogestan . X