Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Treating post menopausal hair loss with finasteride 5mg and femoston Conti 1/5  (Read 1845 times)

bun63

I would like to ask if there is anyone with any knowledge/experience in treating women's hair loss with a combination of the above drugs.I have searched the internet looking for drug interactions but can't find any information.
Are they safe to take together?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Hi!  Have you put the products into the search box on here to see if there are threads?

Or ask a pharmacist in your chemist?  Take the products with you - then let us know?

bun63

I am a pharmacist myself but have had no reason to look into this before now.
I have been taking Loestrin 20 for several years, primarily to keep menopausal symptoms from occuring (it has worked fabulously for that as I have had none and I am now 55)However,I now believe this has led or contributed to my hair gradually thinning to a point where I am now very concerned.
I have found out that the Loestrin 20 has one of the highest androgen indexes for a birth control pill and so has likely led to my hair problems.I am now at an age where I ought to be taking HRT instead of the pill,hence the interest in Femoston conti.
I have also read that finasteride is good for hair loss in post menopausal women due to its action in blocking the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone,the latter being the cause of hair loss in men and women.

CLKD

That's technical  ;D  ::)

:-\ ............ is it in the search box here? 

bun63

:)lol.I have typed it in an nothing comes up.
However I am now going to order some Elleste Solo to boost the oestrogen in the Femoston Conti (both contain natural estrodiol and not a synthetic oestrogen)I have also read that astaxanthin and saw palmetto supplements block the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone and so may be a safer alternative to try before embarking on finasteride.

CLKD

Is this with discussion amongst colleagues  ;) or are you going it alone?  Do let us know how you get on!

bun63

Going it alone.
I have just ordered Femoston Conti 1/10 along with elleste Solo 1mg from an online pharmacy.
Will stop the Loestrin 20 as soon as I receive these.Hope and pray my hair can be saved with this combo along with the many supplements I am taking :)

CLKD

I sense a book or a Thesis for someone in your story ............  ;)

bun63

CLKD

I'll type it - I have my upright Olivetti typewriter in the attic space  ;) - it's seen 7 Thesis thus far as well as various essays etc.  ;D