Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1561 times)

Michboxer

• First Flush
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:40:34 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm 43 and currently going through early menopause. I had been experiencing symptoms for the last 12 months. 2 lots of blood tests later and it was confirmed that is was definitely the menopause. Currently on Elleste Duet 1mg, only just started them, seen improvement in the flushes but I'm ridiculously tired all the time now  :'(
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks  ;)

AgathaC

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 04:13:11 AM »

Hello, I'm new too (joined last week, 46 and horrid perimenopause). Can I ask about your symptoms? What is worst for you? Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm

It takes time for hrt to settle and often one has to try various types of hrt till you find the one that's suits you.
Are you on sequi or conti hrt ?

It is important to have hrt if you experience an early meno so you are doing the right thing. 
Look under TREATMENTS to see the various options but give any hrt type at least 3 months to settle - chopping and changing can sometimes make things worse.
Keep us. posted - we are here to help. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:29:07 AM »

Hi there, have you looked at/joined 'the daisy' website, I believe there are details here.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-).  Maybe keeping a diary will be of use to you?

Michboxer

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »

Hello, I'm new too (joined last week, 46 and horrid perimenopause). Can I ask about your symptoms? What is worst for you? Xx

It's been the flushes and mood swings that have been horrendous, poor hubby gets in in the neck constantly  ;D x

Michboxer

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 09:23:44 AM »

Hi there, have you looked at/joined 'the daisy' website, I believe there are details here.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-).  Maybe keeping a diary will be of use to you?

Thanks I'll have a look at that, happy to give anything a bash

Michboxer

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 09:28:32 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm

It takes time for hrt to settle and often one has to try various types of hrt till you find the one that's suits you.
Are you on sequi or conti hrt ?

It is important to have hrt if you experience an early meno so you are doing the right thing. 
Look under TREATMENTS to see the various options but give any hrt type at least 3 months to settle - chopping and changing can sometimes make things worse.
Keep us. posted - we are here to help. DG x
Thanks for the welcome.
It's a conti hrt and I have an initial 3month  prescription, so I'm willing to give it a shot to see how it goes. 😉 x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 09:50:00 AM »

Hi Are you on Elleste Duet 1mg?  If so, this is a sequential hrt which will give you a monthly bleed. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »

Michboxer - we usually suggest starting on a sequential HRT (and put up with a monthly bleed) as this allows you to see whether the progesterone suits you or not. Progesterone can be the hormone that gives trouble e.g. PMT, fatigue, low mood, etc. though many women can tolerate any progesterone.
AS Dotty has rightly pointed out, Elleste Duet conti come as 2/1 (not 1mg) - so I suspect you are on a sequi HRT - do check the packet.
You have probably started at a low baseline with your hormones, so your body will take time to adjust and work it's magic. See how it goes over the next few weeks - but if after 3 months you are still not feeling right then perhaps try Femoston 1/10 sequential or a regime where you use transdermal gel or patch with separate progesterone for 12 days each month. All the info is under TREATMENTS.
If you really want an easy, non bleed, option then having a Mirena fitted and then have oestrogen as gel to patch alongside, is a good HRT option. 

BE patient - things will get better. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 11:17:52 AM »

'we'  ::)

Let us know how you get on Michboxer ..........

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »

You're right CKLD - the ‘we' is not appropriate - I should have said ‘many of us'.  The advice remains the same. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »

It's how we feel though DG - 'we' often know a lot more than the so-called 'experts' [how I HATE that word however/where ever it's applied!]

Big D

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »

Hi i hope things improve for you.  i was also given the Ellest duo to help with my symptoms, i completed the 3 months trial but found that on the green pills my moods were very low and i was easily aggitated.  i did feel that the HRT helped with the flushes and night sweats but also struggled with fatigue.  i have now changed my HRT to Femoston 1/1 which i will start after my final 7 green Elleste pills are finished.  i have had to take some time from work to rest and hopefully reduce my mood swings. i have found this site very supportive and informative too
Will update on the femoston in a month or so
 ;D