Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: lower dose of progesterone  (Read 906 times)

racjen

lower dose of progesterone
« on: July 27, 2018, 05:51:26 PM »

Has anyone been recommended, or just tried, taking utrogestan 100mg every other day on a continuous basis? I suspect that my anxiety is much less during my progesterone phase, but about half way through I start to get very depressed and various other stomach symptoms so can't tolerate it at this level continuously. SO annoying they don't do a smaller dose and that the 100mg capsule can't be cut up (I've tried, it's messy...). Maybe the answer is a Mirena, but that's a different type of progesterone so a bit scared I might not get on with it.

SueLW

Re: lower dose of progesterone
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

Hello

I have just switched over to Estrogel 1 pump a day and Utrogestan vaginally every other day.  I was scared of the Utrogestan because of something that happened in the past, but I'm wondering now if that was actually the high dose of oestrogen patch I combined it with and not the Utrogestan!

Anyway, it's early days but so far so good.  My hormone doctor was happy with this.  I had gone to ask for a Mirena but she said that only looks after the uterus really and progesterone has a lot of benefits other than lining maintenance so I was persuaded to try the Utrogestan.  I asked if I could do it vaginally and she was fine with that.  She suggested the every other day schedule.  Perhaps, if I get on alright with the dose then I'll try it every day, or even try taking it orally to see what happens. 

I had started Estrogel at 2 pumps a day but soon started to feel a bit wired and anxious.  She said it was too much and to let my body get used to things slowly.  As I said, so far so good, despite a lot of stress due to the heat and work.

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »

Also, seeing your reply about anxiety on the other post, you may well find keeping a steady dose of progesterone in the system will be advantageous for anxiety if you move to every other day.  My doctor said it was better to keep the levels steady rather than what she referred to as the old fashioned method of using it in a block to give a bleed.  She said that can cause more symptoms for women.

I think it's worth you trying.

racjen

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 08:16:15 AM »

Thanks Sue, I think I might give it a go.