Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: dizziness  (Read 2848 times)

discokaren

dizziness
« on: July 14, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »

anyone else get really bad dizziness when a period is due, even if i dont have one because they are getting a bit hit and miss these days, i feel so bad(cant go out) feel like iam going to faint. Even turning over in bed sets me off

Shadyglade

Re: dizziness
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:19:33 PM »

Yes I used to get it really bad. Some mornings I would sit on the loo with the bathroom spinning round me.  Not nice
 :spin:

Sunny99

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »

Yes I get this. Suffer with it a little anyway but last month started on Elleste Duet to try and sort out ages symptoms but had crazy vertigo pre period...which hasn't actually turned up properly 😬

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:39:40 AM »

Yes, me too. I suspect it's migraine linked (as in brain inflammation) from sudden changes in hormones.

An ice pack on the back of the neck can make it a little better.

Sunny99

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »

Good idea will try and ice pack as I do suffer from migraines too.

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »

Hi

Suffered for many years with dizziness since peri.

Im on 2 pumps of oestrogel but still suffer with mild lightheaded daily...... for me this has been worse than any hot flush as I feel faint which makes me anxious. GP no help said it was my ears not Meno...... ???

Letmein

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »

I also started to suffer from dizziness and lightheadedness since I started being peri and it was bad enough that I fainted twice. It was always worse first thing in the morning. Then about 8 months after I got a fitbit, I finally put two and two together. My resting heart rate is naturally very low and when it gets below 51, I started getting some of the symptoms, but what I noticed is that about a week before my period, or when I was taking hrt, a few days after starting the progesterone, my resting heart rate would gradually go up, until a couple of days after my period started when it would suddenly go back down very low and that's when I got the worse of it. I looked back over the past year and sure enough, it's been the same each time.

I've concluded that my heart rate is linked to progesterone and when it drops suddenly, my heart rate is too low, hence the symptoms of dizziness, lightheadeness, buzzing in my ears, and an exhaustion that just totally floors me.

Sunny99

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »

That's really interesting to hear. I'm only five weeks into Elleste Duet and was fine until last two green pills and since then have felt nauseous and dizzy. Have suffered with slight vertigo for years but not like this. Also trying this to help with palpitations but finding that i'm Having more but less intense. Not sure which way to turn 😩

alizben

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:45 PM »

I have been having this kind of feeling for a while, im peri, it feels like my head is swimming, drunk without the fun part!  im hoping that the HRT patches I have been given will make a difference as at the moment its the worst physical symptom I have at present and really affecting my daily life.

Cali369

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »

I've definitely noticed this as a symptom.  I have low blood pressure anyhow but definitely been worse since peri and worse again on HRT it seems.  Mornings worse for me but can happen anytime.  I wear a fitbit but haven't noticed a correlation with heart rate - need to pay more attention when it happens though

alizben

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »

I have been suffering from a spaced out/dizzy/drunk feeling on and off for a while, probably around 12 months, but as it just came and went on the odd occasion I thought nothing of it really.  For the past 4 weeks or so I have had this feeling more and more regular to the point where its almost every day, it lasts the majority of my work day and is really starting to weigh heavy on me.  I started femseven sequi yesterday for peri so im hoping that this feeling is going to ease soon.

Tiddles

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »

I got it bad when I was on Elleste but not since Ive been on Femoston. Think it was caused by the type of progesterone in Elleste which I couldn't tolerate. Femoston is just as effective at dealing with the meno symptoms but doesn't have nasty side effects for me. Does your HRT need reviewing ? X

Letmein

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 04:58:07 PM »

Cali, I always assumed by blood pressure was normal as taken when seeing the GP, but I took it two days ago at the pharmacist, middle f the day and it came up as 95/60 which is on the low side. I do get stressed and anxious when I go to the GP so maybe the 'normal' readings were high under the conditions. I am going to monitor my blood pressure more often, but that could indeed also explain the dizziness. I definitely believe that my heart has been affected by the perimenopause, but the other way than normal.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 06:54:06 PM »

Eat little and often?

I have a nerve in the back of my neck which makes me woozy enough to to 'oh!' but not enough to go the GP as there's nothing to see.  As a meander, my legs don't always go where I expect them either  :-\