Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling good with progesterone  (Read 1287 times)

Nellie Noo

Feeling good with progesterone
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »

Having tried various hrt  ( tablets and patches ) am now on gel and provera tablets. (Taking the provera from day 15 to day 26 )
Was previously despairing about being progesterone intolerant as all the progesterones i tried made me ill ! ( including utrogestan ) Well after  a few months on provera i feel fantastic when i am on the progesterone part . Cant believe it ! In fact ,what is strange,  is that i feel better on the progesterone weeks than i do when i just take the gel on its own . No low moods no headache no tiredness .... .
So my question is this .can i change to a conti method . Was still having periods naturally when i went on hrt but i am nearly 54 . Can i take the provera every day along side the gel if it makes me feel this good ?? I know the dose may have to change but is this possible ?? Thank you ladies xx

Lanzalover

Re: Feeling good with progesterone
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »

Good afternoon Nellie Noo

Yes you can take Provera every day but at a lower dose from memory I think it's 2.5 or 5 mcg's a day.
I would however run it past your GP first but I think most GP would assume you were post meno now.

I also use Provera but on a long cycle 6 to 8 weeks depending on holidays and other commitments but I am in my 60's . It suits me much better than any of the other progesterones and I've tried them all in some form or another !

Lanzalover x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

Thank you lanzalover for your reply . I will make an appointment and see if my gp will agree to put me on it daily. To be honest i felt so rough last week when i was just on my gel only days ... hot flushes aches and pains, headaches etc i thought i might have to up my dose of oestrogen... but as soon as i take the provera ,  i feel like a different person ! Its weird, as like i said i couldnt tolerate other progesterones. Im a bit confused though as i thought, by my age, it would be the low oestrogen that would be causing my symptoms not the lack of progesterone.  But thanks again lanzalover xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »

Your welcome hopefully you GP will be ok with it.
Good luck

Lanzalover x

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 10:17:03 AM »

That's great that you have found a progesterone that works for you! Good luck.

Peperminty :)

Nellie Noo

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »

Thank you peperminty ! Yes im so glad i persevered ! It was one of the lovely ladies on here who suggested i tried provera . To be honest i didnt hold much hope out ,but cannot tell you how much a difference it has made to how i feel. It was definately worth trying the different types of hrt ...albeit time consuming and hard when not feeling brilliant. X

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:39:27 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo,
It gives those that are having trouble with progesterone hope that there may be a combination that works for them. Yes it takes a lot of time for some. When you fell well it makes you realise just how rotten you feel when you don't , if you know what I mean. Feeling just normal is great!

Peppermintyx

Nellie Noo

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 03:07:05 PM »

I can highly recommend feeling just normal !  :) x