Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginal Estriol from GP  (Read 6958 times)

SEU666

Re: Vaginal Estriol from GP
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »

Jeaniewigs..Vagifem, does it give you sore boobies?? Wow, learning so much about things on here.

I've been finding my boobies have gone very soft now, no soreness before last spotting/period (on Mirena, 14 months, so not sure what happening re periods, but very light now). Actually think no sore boob discomfort for past 4 months now. Always had aching tender boob pre period.

The estriol cream seems to be making things feel a bit better in the 'old lady desert' as one friend puts it...lol.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »

The 'tablet' I take it is to use in the vagina?

One can use localised HRT for VA for life, every night if necessary.  It really is Trial and Error for us: which GPs don't try to understand.  Who knows our body the bestest?  Quality of Life is important.

I bought a small bottle brush from a chemist, put the applicator into hot water and brushed inside, left to dry.  Don't stop using prior to your holiday!  At least every other night until you get home.

Panty liners ? Why?  if one leaks one should see the appropriate Nurse at your Surgery or Hospital.  Panty liners can make the vagina dry anyway without the internal problems with atrophy.  Once the internal skin becomes thin, localised treatment is necessary.  It was like razor blades up there  :o.

It has been known that some ladies are so dry inside that the area fuses together which requires surgical intervention ....... wonder how many GPs are aware of this?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:25:36 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »

Yep.  Covers a multitude of sins that does  ::).  Another reason for me not to have had babies ;-).  At the time, aged 8, this World wasn't good enough for mine and it hasn't altered much  :-\ ..... I digress.

Pages: 1 [2]