Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil fitted, still cramping...  (Read 853 times)

ellmcdee

• First Flush
Mirena coil fitted, still cramping...
« on: July 24, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »

Hi there

I posted last month to say gynae had suggested new regime for me as wasn't absorbing oestrogen and had erratic bleeding - she suggested Mirena and possible oestrogen tablets.

I had the Mirena fitted last Tuesday, seemed to go fine, had cramping first dew days, bit of a headache and some bleeding, all seemed to settle. But this Sunday the cramping has returned and is quite painful. To the point that i took painkillers yesterday and this morning back again and i think i need to take pills again. Spotting is very little. Belly feels very bloated and i dont know if its coincidence but i just cant seem to stop eating! usually bad stuff! and sometimes the belly pain feels like its in my belly rather than lower abdominals.

At the same time, end of last week,i have come down with some throat virus, so feel a bit wiped out, and off work today, no energy, sore back, sore belly and of course dying in this heat!

Are there any Mirena users out there who recognise these symptoms? i know it can take time for things to settle, but i wasnt sure i should still be getting cramps a week in?
I'm due to see gynae next monday for check up and to see if my oestrogen levels are higher since changing the sites for the gel.
Thought I'd ask here as there is a wealth of precious info in this forum!

Thank you
Ell
Peri at 43, (now 49) struggled, used natural remedies but by sept 2016 was on my knees with insomnia, night sweats and generally had enough. Sequi HRT - 2 pumps of oestrogen gel, Utrogestan for 12 days. Until June when tests showed low oestrogen and very thin lining.

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena coil fitted, still cramping...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »

Still early days - things are settling I expect. There is a big hit of progesterone at first and this may cause the womb to cramp and I would expect this to calm down one the next week or so.

It is odd that some women don't absorb the Oestrogel that well!!!??? When I used 2 pumps per day my oestrogen levels were quite high - nearly 600 pmol/L!!! You may need to use an oestrogen patch with oestrogen pills as well to get your oestrogen levels up.  The Mirena could be over thinning your lining if you haven't got enough oestrogen.
I always applied my gel to inner thighs and allowed 10-15 mins to dry before dressing.

I got awful cramps with Utrogestan - both sequentially and continuously!!! The Mirena with gel was my best HRT regime. See what you gynaecologist says. DG x

ellmcdee

• First Flush
Re: Mirena coil fitted, still cramping...
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:30:45 AM »

Thanks DG, helpful as always. I've been using inner thighs and inner lower arms (3 pumps) and I think my levels will be a bit higher when i get my results back next week. Let's see. if not then patch and pills it will be!

Ell