Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Low Oestrogen  (Read 1401 times)

FoggyMoggy

Low Oestrogen
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »

This was taken recently and was < 50 (range <18 - 183). So mine's looking on the low side and may account for flushes/sweats/fatigue etc. I am menopausal, but haven't found HRT patches effective.  Is the gel/cream more effective?  TY

Nellie Noo

Re: Low Oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »

I personally think the absorption is better with the gel . ( it doesnt help when the blinking patches are constantly falling off either 😬 ) X

FoggyMoggy

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »

;D Nellie Noo - they do fall off, that's so true! X

SEU666

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »

Have you tried the Estrodot patches...they seem to stick really well. Been using for 11 months and none fell off. Had trouble with the big patch (off hand can't remember name)  that made my skin irritated and that didn't stick well, but the little ones have been good.

FoggyMoggy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »

Hi, I did try ones that stuck well but it was just that whatever is in them didn't make a blind bit of difference!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »

I used Estradot but never seemed to get symptom relief although lots of people rave about them, I changed to Estrogel and now have my symptoms under control.

FoggyMoggy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 09:26:42 PM »

Thanks Tinkerbell. What about the progesterone?

SEU666

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:15 AM »

Ladies, do you think it matters where you put the patches?

Not near the breasts of course, but more on the tummy or bottom, hips etc

The estrodot says to put on lower tummy, which I've always done, away from waist line.

They gave me 25mg first then three months later the 50mg, as I was still very emotional and flushing a lot.
So 8 months now on the 50mg, with Mirena in, few flushes but I know what triggers them like caffeinated coffee, chilli (which I love). No night sweats, sweating big time during the day in this heat, but surprisingly not sweaty at night just plain hot!

I know everyone is different, needs different levels of estrogen, but was curious whether people chose one area like hips or bottom to put patches, and don't try elsewhere?

Does where you put it have any impact on how well the estrogen  is absorbed into the body?