Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New Memebr - Hi  (Read 1126 times)

catmiran

New Memebr - Hi
« on: July 25, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »

Hi everyone just joined today.  I am 42 and 2.5 years post menopause.  Diagnosed with POF at 36 whilst embarking on IVF journey.  Lots of IVF (which did not work unfortunately) then perimenopause hit me like a truck at 37/38.  After a years of suffering I have weighed the benefits against the cons and have been on HRT for past 3 months.  I am currently on Premique low dose which has been excellent and has taken away all my unwanted tropical symptoms but am now having to switch to kilovance due to supplier issues.  Will commence on my new tablets next week so I'm praying they will work as good as premique low dose.  If anyone has had do the same switch please let me know how its going xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: New Memebr - Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:36:43 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
You have been very sensible to use HRT and ideally you should use HRT until your mid 50s to help protect your heart and bones for the long term. I am very surprised you were not adviced to take hrt as soon when you were diagnosed - your GP was negligent!!
Hopefully Kliovance will work ok for you but if you find you get problems we can give you advice about alternative HRTs to try.
Premique is being phased out because it has the old fashioned equine oestrogen and the bioidentical oestrogen in the newer hrts is considered safer.
Keep us posted about your progress
DG x

catmiran

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:35:16 PM »

Thank you dancinggirl.  I think mainly because of my family history with breast cancer is why the GP's have left the ball in my court for some time but I think the pros of taking HRT for me out weigh the cons as I had every symptom in the book and could take no more. Had an irregular bleed  about 4 months ago and so went to see a gynecologist (just a polyp and normal thin uterus after scans etc) who really helped with my decision to take HRT.   Just had bone density scan and I'm borderline osteoporosis and have had annual breast screening since I was 30.  in hind sight I wish I had started them a few years back now.

Thanks for the welcome and will post after commencing the new 'hopefully magic' whoremoaning tabs  ;D

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »

If you have had polyps and erratic bleeding then you might want to consider having a Mirena fitted and use oestrogen transdermally as patch or gel, as this can be deemed slightly safer and more convenient overall. With a Mirena in place, 60% of women won't get any bleeding at all and you can use any dose of oestrogen to help the flushes and protect your bones.
See how you get on with the Kliovance and then review. DGx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 03:46:46 PM »

:welcomemm:  read the 'treatment' suggestions in the green bar above.

Make notes. Let us know how you get on!