Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopause patches  (Read 2364 times)

Susieb47

Menopause patches
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »

Hi I am just starting fem7 sequi patches and struggling to make them stick. My doctor prescribed me a months supply to try them out and I am now on the last patch after 2 weeks due to them falling off.any ideas what to do please. Should I go back to doctor's now as I am on my last patch even though it's only been 2 weeks.

Wilks

Re: Menopause patches
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:06:18 PM »

I haven't tried them- I assume you avoid putting them on after a shower or on top of moisturiser? I was on evorel sequi patches which generally stuck ok, but the Estradot ones I have now are smaller and stickier.

Susieb47

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »

Thanks yes I do everything right even bought the tape to go over the top of them. My main concern is should I go back to my GP before this last patch runs out?

Wilks

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »

Sorry I didn't answer your question! I would go back to the GP and ask for a different brand (or at least a different batch- maybe they were a dodgy batch?). That's what I meant- other brands are ok so perhaps ask for a different one.

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:28:24 PM »

Hello Susieb47

I used Femseven Sequi and managed to get then to stick.

I used them after shower on warm dry skin.

I had a technique of cracking the patch and sticking one half with the warmth of my hand - holding for a minute - then unpeel the other half but be careful not to touch it, so you sort of unpeel it directly on to your skin. Hold again with the warmth of your hand for a minute. Then I used to give it a quick hairdryer blast!

They stuck incredibly well. I used to put them on my tummy below my knicker line.

Good luck
RRxx

weathergirl

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »

I found that using rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol on the spot where you're going to put the patch helps them stay. I never have a patch come off. I also insisted on brand name patch only, as the generics did not stick as well. I wipe the area with alcohol after showering, first. Give it a few seconds to dry, apply patch and press firmly for a good 15 seconds. The alcohol was a game changer.

Susieb47

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »

Thanks ladies lots of things there to try regarding the sticking them down. I will go back this week and speak with my GP about different ones but will give all ideas a try. Thank you. Xx

Jocy-66

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »

I am really struggling with the added extra to my patches I stick them on they stay however I seem to collate threads and flux from my clothes and end up with a edged patch !! Not a good look and not nice and clear so any advice how to stop this as it's incredibly hard to remove the patches Debrie it look so bad a square of fluff and no patch and it doesn't look fetching I can't seem to get the glue off my skin very well. The glue is there with added fluff or dye from from my Clothes
SOS  or a good look
Jocy

weathergirl

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 03:11:51 AM »

If you use rubbing alcohol and scrub a little, the remaining residue comes right off. Yes, if you wear darker clothing or underwear, it will sort of collect along the edges of the patch. It's just how it is.  It doesn't bother me anymore. The rubbing alcohol, after you remove the patch, works quickly to get the residue off. Good luck.

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:39 AM »

Adding heat does help

For removal of remnants try oil based make up remover x

Peripurple

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »

Hi, yes quick blast of the hairdryer makes mine stick better, and a little bit of baby oil gets the residue off. Good luck.

SueLW

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »

When I used patches I always warmed them in my hand before I peeled the backing off.  Stuck them onto clean skin and hair dryer warmed them again for a good few seconds.  Then then held them in place firmly with the warm palm of my hand.  They stuck really well like that (different brand to the post).  Before I realised warmth was my friend, they used to peel off much too fast.  I don't think taping them down is a good idea because the hormone is not really in contact with the skin properly if it's just being trapped in place rather than adhered.

You don't need to go back to the doctor just yet.  Just phone up and explain you have had issues as you learn how to use the patches and can you have a repeat prescription for another box.  I wouldn't just switch to another brand yet.  See how these make you feel first.