Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil in - different this time  (Read 1152 times)

CarryWarry

Mirena coil in - different this time
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:32:30 AM »

Hello All.  As some of you may have read, I've opted for the Mirena coil as part of my HRT.  It was inserted last Thursday.  I used the Mirena coil for 17 years when younger - altogether I have now had 5 of them inserted.  This time however I am suffering far more with cramps (this is day 5 since it went in) and am using tampons and towels as I have a far heavier bleed than experienced before.  I'm wondering why things are worse this time?  Also how long could this heavy bleeding and cramps last?  Oh the joys of being a woman!  Don't we all love it?!  ;)

Any thoughts much appreciated.  Thanks!

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena coil in - different this time
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »

Maybe pop back to the GP to have things checked.  Cramps should have subsided by now but bleeding and spotting can continue for some weeks.  Are you using oestrogen alongside?  If not, then the cramps could be because you are deeper into menopause and you are getting overthinning of the lining and you need oestrogen. DG x   

CarryWarry

Re: Mirena coil in - different this time
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »

Thanks DG.  I've got no cramping now just a proper period and am on Progynova (2mg) which I think has made me feel pretty nauseous but am hoping this will all settle.  Seeing GP on Wednesday.  I've just cleaned while turning up 'Saturday Night Fever' on speakers around the house - music always helps! Ha! ;D