Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan More Help Needed  (Read 1849 times)

Burchers

Utrogestan More Help Needed
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »

Does anybody else feel groggy in the mornings after taking Utrogestan 100mg?Im finding my head is groggy until about 11/12 the next day.

My tummy still a little touchy to . Still not heard anything from doctor regarding a vaginal option.

If I have to stop the Utrogestan what is my other options to go with Estrogel or should I look at another patch option.

Been on the 2 pumps one in the morning and one at night. My emotions not as bad but my joints starting to stiffen and anxiety still there but not as bad as last week when on 4 pumps.

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan More Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »

I'm fine on Utrogestan - no grogginess.

Your other option is Provera I think.

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »

Hi Yes I feel groggy on Utrogestan almost drugged in fact.  I sleep better when I'm on it but find myself quite groggy in the morning.  I do start to feel better around day 5 on  it.  I get quite bad pms on it as well, quite irritable and quick to anger.  I am using extra oestrogel when I'm on it to compensate as I find it quite difficult to cope, this helps a bit.  I take 100mg vaginally.
I'm in such a bad state today I've decided to keep a low profile!

Burchers

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »

So you still feel groggy even doing it vaginally.

I have to take it without a break

Burchers

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »

I wonder why I'm on it continuously with no break.

Can menopause be brought on by an ablation as my issues started after having mine and my periods stopping

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 06:59:43 AM »

Hi continuous regime is the post menopause dosage. If you are not post menopause then you take If from days 15-26 I think x

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:57 AM »

Good morning  Burchers

I couldn't get on with Utrogestan either orally or vaginaly horrible side effects with both methods.
I changed to Provera and while not perfect it suits me much better than Utrogestan so it's an option you could try if you are happy with the gel.

Sorry I am unable to answer your question about ablation but I'm sure someone along to help.

Hope you manage to find a solution soon.

Love Lanzalover x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »

I just couldn't tolerate utrogestan, i had terrible broken nights with needing the loo, awful vivid dreams and constant waking up and in the morning I felt groggy and dangerous to drive to work/school run.
I had no option but to stop, I decided on a Mirena and haven't looked back since!

Rhiner

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »

Butchers, I take utrogestan continuously. I took on alternate days orally initially and felt as you do now, but gradually got used to it. So a gradual build up. I now take 2 days on and one day off , and not really noticed any difference. So you could try a gradual acceleration in dose instead of full on daily dosage. Im hoping to stay on 2 on 1 off depending on scan results. If not I will go up to daily.
Rhiner

Otes73

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 06:15:15 AM »

What time are you taking the Utrogeston? You may find it better to take it a little earlier than you are to help alleviate the morning grogginess.

I take it daily at 8 pm and I'm fine in the mornings if I take it at this time.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you. X 

Burchers

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 06:25:20 AM »

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply.

I take it at bedtime around 10pm.