Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anxiety - what gets you through the bad days?  (Read 6915 times)

Miabella

Anxiety - what gets you through the bad days?
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:17:08 AM »

Really struggling with anxiety and on holiday which is making it harder. Usually feel better in the evenings. Doctor gave me emergency Diazepam but feel they should be an absolute last resort. Hoping to start on HRT when I get home but meanwhile need to get through the next week. Any coping strategies you use that help?

Dotty

Re: Anxiety - what gets you through the bad days?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »

Hi I'm not sure I can help, but what are you anxious about? Can you try rational thought (CBT techniques ) to calm your thoughts?

Miabella

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »

Anxious about being anxious mostly! I don't have anything to be anxious about except how to cope when I feel like this. Really hard to explain. Sounds so stupid but is very real when you're experiencing it though. And the things that do make me anxious right now won't bother me at all if I start to feel better. I just don't seem very good at coping with bad parts of the day

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:23:58 AM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,8454.0.html

Have you tried this 3,2,1 exercise for anxiety? X

Miabella

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:47 AM »

Yes I have. Thanks for reminding me of it. Will give it a go now

Donna-paul

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:52 AM »

I was like you before trying hrt again and I just kept saying to myself it's my homornes causing this the Adrenalin was the worst. Also always do headspace and calm everyday it does help. Still get it but no way as bad since hrt. Hope it helps.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »

Hello,

478 breathing helped me when I was anxious as it activates the para-sympathetic nervous system (rest and digest system). Also there was a YouTube video I did. It's called something like cardio for anxiety and the lady is lovely!

Hope theses things helps. Anxiety is really horrible xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

Take the Valium  :-\ - that's what it is for!  Why suffer particularly when away from home?  How much as the GP given you, 2mg, 5mg or 10mg.  You won't become addicted!    What *would* be a 'last resort'  :-\.

If you are hungry, do you not eat?  Listen to your body?

Miabella

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »

I did cave in and took the Diazepam (2mg) and it has definitely taken the edge off the anxiety. I will also google the other suggestions - haven't heard of 478 and a lovely lady sounds well....lovely.
Thanks everyone xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »

Well done!  It's what it is for.  To ease anxiety.  I used it as necessary for years ........ the night B4 an event that I couldn't get out of to stop those early morning anxiety surges knowing that I could take another at breakfast if necessary but I rarely required it.  It made me dopy but it got me through!

How's the weather today? 

Miabella

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 09:36:03 AM »

DonnaPaul,
Which Headspace session do you do? A free one or have you bought it?

Miabella

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »

Hi CLKD,

I guess I just have to see it as a crutch to get me over a bad spell.

It's hot - too hot for me which is another problem. I normally can cope with warm weather but hate it this year. It rained a bit yesterday and I didn't mind! If you knew me you'd know I can't be myself if I'm welcoming rain. Also usually quite like getting a bit of a tan but there'll be none of that this year.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »

There's always another year to top up the tan ;-).  Rain is cooling.  I use up energy in this heat although there's a cold draught through the windows today  :-\, so need to eat more often otherwise I get nausea = anxiety.  Deep breathing might help?

It's a necessity for now.  If you have a headache  .........  ?   All the relaxant medication that I've used over the years have eased symptoms for several days at a time and because I know that they work, I don't need to take more and more.  I have found in the last 5 years to take the emergency pill immediately!

........ and breath.  Have you to go out and about today or can you enjoy the view?

Donna-paul

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »

Hi I just do the free basic ones 10mins. It's stops your mind racing and helps lower cortisol which I believe raises in menopause.

Miabella

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »

CLKD,
Have to go to the swimming pool with my daughter. But that's a fairly long walk in the heat there and back so not looking forward to it. Again wouldn't be a problem if felt ok. Just have to hope I feel better sooner rather than later.
Sorry, just feel like every post is another moan. I'm not usually like this, honestly
Pages: [1] 2 3 4