Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Coping with hot weather  (Read 2452 times)

Shelby

Coping with hot weather
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »

Hi
Does anyone have any hints or tips for surviving these warm temperatures, my body thermostat just can't cope. As soon as I start to do anything I get warm ( so does everyone 😆). But my heat just keeps building and building until I just don't know what to do with myself! ( to the point of feeling really faint and ill)
I know I shouldn't complain about such a long spell of warm weather... but I am wishing for rain and cooler temps and no sign of it where I live at the moment...
Anyone else really suffering?.

Shadyglade

Re: Coping with hot weather
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 02:12:08 PM »

Definitely not coping here. It's just too much.

SEU666

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »

Not coping well at all either. Drenched in sweat and having to change clothes at least twice sometimes three times a day.
Funnily enough, no night sweating, but sleeping with a fan on me all night.
Daytime a nightmare as getting so sore from sweating....roll on 10*C!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 07:25:51 PM »

I am so fed up with the heat and all the insect bites, but I do prefer winter anyway.

Pat2121

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »

Too hot for  me!  One trick I do is to use one of those foil freeze packs (you put them in picnic baskets to keep the fool cold) freeze it and then place it inside a pillowcase and lie still for a while, it really cools you down. If you don't have any of these, then you can assemble a makeshift by placing an amount of peas in a freezer self seal/ziplock bag and use that instead.  I really hope there's rain on the way and the temperatures drop soon.. roll on Winter!!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »

I am so fed up with the heat and all the insect bites, but I do prefer winter anyway.

Me too!!

Taz ⛄⛄⛄

JaneL

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »

Not coping. Mixed with the delights of worse hot flushes ....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 03:40:40 PM »

Bicarb of soda mixed into a paste for insect bites.  Apply ASAP.  Antisan applied often.  Wasps need [v]enigar, Bees need carb..  Cuticura ointment.  Lick.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 04:23:34 PM »

I just have to spend more time in the cool of our 16th century local pub 😊 Such a shame..

Taz x   :banana: :meltdown:

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

Hating it!!! And i'm in Scotland, where it's somewhat 'cooler' today at 25 degrees!

All we can do is to try to avoid the heat as best as possible. Even the best HRT is going to struggle keeping hot flushes at bay in this - thermoregulation in menopause is in literal meltdown (excuse the pun) and as the exact mechanism of hot flushes is unknown (it's not due to absolute hormone levels) then we need to use any strategies we can. Heat in general causes dizziness, and makes everyone very irritable (just ask my husband - ha ha)!

So - the usual standby's. Fans - light clothing - ditch the duvet - low carbs - avoid caffeine and chocolate and wine at all costs - and pray to the weather Gods to PLEASE give us menopausal women a flippin' break! It's been pretty much 3 solid months of this now......🌋🌋🌋 xxxx

Annika

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »

Was quite concerned about my 83 year old mum in the Midlands, my step father said she wasn't coping too well in the heat she has major health issues soI looked around on Amazon and found a portable air conditioner and sent that to her. I got some good feedback from her and my stepfather who says it works quite well and does reduce the temp inside their living room and then they use it at night in the bedroom. Over here in Florida we have found the square box floor fans work very well blowing through the house.

SueLW

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »

I'm exhausted by it.  I can't get anything done.  It's hit 34C in the yard here at work today.  My warehouse is like an oven, but the yard it hotter so I have to have the doors closed and I've not opened the window blinds for weeks.  I have 3 industrial fans on, but it's just moving hot air.  I coped for 2 weeks.  But not now.  I'm too tired of it all.  I want to sleep well and just be able to move without dripping sweat. 

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am also finding this weather a strain. I live in the South East of England and record breaking temperatures are predicted for tomorrow!

On a nostalgic note I have been enjoying the pictures from the summer of 1976 that have been featured on the news today. I was twenty at the time and remember it well! I recall enjoying the sunshine and the heat and wondering why so many older people were complaining about it. Well safe to say I wonder no more! Good times though and weren't we all thin lol!

Wishing everyone well and bring on the rain.

K.

Tempest

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »

I remember the summer of 1976 well too, Kathleen! I was just 7 at the time. I also remember getting heat stroke, and loving my plastic paddling pool out in the garden. Ahhh, nemories!😃 xxxx

ETA: Btw, I'm originally from your neck of the woods.....😊
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:17:44 PM by Tempest »

Cazikins

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 08:37:44 PM »

I just have to spend more time in the cool of our 16th century local pub 😊 Such a shame..

Taz x   :banana: :meltdown:

:lol: Try your local church instead Taz - that should be just as cool  :), on second thoughts... ;D ;D

Cazi xx
Pages: [1] 2