Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just want to say hello  (Read 2908 times)

Janem

Just want to say hello
« on: July 12, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »

Hi,
Needed to join this great forum as although I have a loving and supportive family I feel I need more support from women who are going through a similar experience to me.
I had a Tah bso in April this year and am 48, thus going straight into surgical menpause. Since the op I have gone downhill rapidly with depression and anxiety, also it seems I am unlucky enough to be already experiencing VA.
I wish I had a time machine to go back and I never would have had the op. Feels like life will never be the same again for me, though I am doing my best to keep going.
This is not my whole story but I guess enough to start with.
Jane m x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just want to say hello
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »

What's Tah bso?     :-\

:welcomemm:

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »

Hi and welcome Janem

Why did you have the ovaries removed ?

There are women on here who have had the complete lot taken and are the best ones to guide you

You (hopefully) have the chance to try hrt but more so get vagifem prescribed for your VA xx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:01 AM »

What's Tah bso?     :-\

:welcomemm:

Hysterectomy with ovaries removed x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:44:40 AM »

:thankyou:

Learns something every day I does ..........

Janem

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 04:21:27 PM »

Hi,
Thank you for all your replies.
Annie..... I chose to have my ovaries out as I worried about ovarian cancer in the future, also figured no more PMS. I feel so stupid and depressed about my decision as after everything my ovaries were normal.I was buoyed on by hearsay of women who had it done and it was the best thing ever. I honestly thought I would slap on a  hrt patch and all would be well. I just didn't educate myself enough about how removing the ovaries should be a last resort.
I'm on Evorel 50 estrogen only patches at the moment, my doctor did give me Sandrena to use as a top up but I experienced migraine type headaches after using. I was never a headache type before this op. I have also been using vagifem for three weeks now but still have a constant burning feeling and down there is so red.
I have yes VM but its not doing much at the moment. I use it daily.
I am also on Fluoxetine 20 mg.

Janemx

Janem

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »

Thank you Jeanie,
I will try the coconut oil, my doctor has told me to keep going on the vagifem as it can take time to work. I'm hoping to turn that corner soon.

Janem x

Janem

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »

Hi Jeanie
My doctor gave me a script for two boxes of 24 to use nightly which I am doing, after that I'm not sure yet. After reading some ladies experiences with their gps on here I feel lucky with mine. She listens and I feel she is doing her best to help me at the moment. She has seen rather a lot of me lately though!

Janem x

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 08:22:00 PM »

Jane you could combine the vagifem internally and ovestin externally to see if that alleviates soreness etc

I use oestrogel, I find it fab along with testosterone gel.  I've had a real battle since joining my new surgery and am waiting for the gynae to write to my gp to put my hrt back on repeats

I had a hysterectomy when I was 32 but within months my ovaries failed.  I think they were chugging along releasing an egg about every 4 months but it wasn't until I got to 45 that everything hit me head on.  I had a scan and they couldn't find my ovaries

There is a member here, Tempest who has the same surgery as you, and similar reasons.  I hope she comes along and reads your post and she's very knowledgeable and helpful xx

Janem

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »

Thank you Annie and I hope you get your scripts sorted soon.

Janemx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 08:17:42 PM »

Hi Janem.

Welcome to the forum.   :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »

Hi Janem

:welcomemm: from me too.

It's not surprising that you are still not feeling right because this is a drastic operation and the source of your hormones removed overnight. Your depression and anxiety  - if you did not suffer these before - may well be due to this and ideally you want to try to get your hormone levels right before say increasing your ADs - and I can see why the doc suggested Sandrena ie to increase oestrogen. However - you could always try to increase your oestrogen dose through a small increase in patch dose - but do this slowly so start by increasing to 62.5 mcg - by cutting the 50 mcg patch into four. Some women do find that large increases too quickly can have the oppositie effect - and hopefully this would not result in headaches. Yoyu could do this for a few weeks and see how you feel, and then maybe increase to 75 mcg if you still felt you needed more. You may also benefit from testosterone when you have got your oestrogen levels up to a healthy level and this could have a dramatically positive effect on mood.

It can take some time to  sort out your new hormonal regime while your body is still adjusting so try to be patient and take each step slowly.

Great advice about VA - I still have my womb and ovaries, use 62.5 mcg oestrogen, + blob of testosterone daily ad well as Vagifem twice a week and sometimes estriol cream on the outer areas - and I am 65! There is also the "Burning Club" long running thread in Private Lives which Dancinggirl started and hopefully you will find some useful tips on there?

Hope you see some improvement soon :)

Hurdity x

Dierdre

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »

Hi Janem, Vagifem is great for the inside but Ovestin helps the outside so ask for this also and use every night. It will take a while to start working, also don't use soap, I wash with  cetraben  cream also on prescription.  Use non bio wash powder and don't use fabric condition on your underwear. Try drinking more so not to get dehydrated and avoid stress, that's the hardest one haha.

Janem

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »

Hi ladies,
Thank you for your advice and welcome to the forum, I have now read through the burning club thread and will post on there later.

Hurdity....looking back I was suffering low mood and anxiety before the op. Just kept going and thinking all would be okay after my hysterectomy. I let my fear of maybe one day getting ovarian cancer cloud my judgement. I wasn't high risk, just thought living with worrying about it would be worse than keeping them.I can see that this has now been a life changing mistake for me. The ads are helping as I was in a quite a state a few weeks back.
Now I need to deal with this va, its the pits :(

Janem x