Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Going crazy!!  (Read 2924 times)

Sammas

Re: Going crazy!!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »

Thanks Tiddles What did you take before? How long did it take to work? Sx

Tiddles

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 07:45:27 AM »

I started on Elleste Duet 1/10 in Feb this year. It sorted the anxiety, depression, nightmares etc - all the symptoms you describe - within a couple of weeks. I stuck with it for 3 months but was getting new physical symptoms during the progesterone half of each month, - nausea, migraine and dizziness. So went back to the doc armed with printouts and advice from here and my symptom diary and persuaded the doc to let me try Femoston. Those new physical symptoms had cleared up by the 2nd month on Femoston nd none of the original nasty emotional ones that first prompted me to take HRT have returned. Its been a life changer for me Xx

Sammas

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 07:47:33 AM »

That's great Tiddles Lots of people day 2/10 but could that be too strong? S x

SueLW

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 07:48:23 AM »

I haven't been able to face a holiday for 4 years now. I just can't imagine being away from home when I can't walk anywhere due to joint issues and can't sleep in my own bed.   I used to love holidays.  Even just camping.  I feel sorry for my husband.  I've ruined his life as well as mine.

Tiddles

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 07:54:56 AM »

That's great Tiddles Lots of people day 2/10 but could that be too strong? S x

Advice on here was to try the lowest dose  initially. If any of my symptoms start creeping back I would then ask to increase the dosage. The improvement was dramatic and almost immediate . I hope you dont mind me getting a wee bit personal but even my sex life is returning slowly but surely which I believed I'd lost forever. xx

Miabella

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 08:12:13 AM »

Hi Tiddles,

I'm in a similar place to Sammas - can't see GP until I return from holiday but think I will have to try HRT as I can't bear feeling like this. Your advice was very helpful and encouraging. Thank you x

Tiddles

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:48 AM »

Hi Mirabella.

As yiu will see from this forum GPs vary enormously. If you think you may have any problems with yours ( or maybe even if you think you won't!) do go armed with your symptom diary or details of your symptoms written down -when they started, frequency etc and printouts from the Treatments section of this website to back up what you're asking for.

You may find s/he wants to give you anti -depressants rather than HRT - a lot of women on here have experienced that, me included. Your call how you respond to that. I refused  ADs arguing I was convinced it was  hormonal and wanted to try HRT. Best of luck to you both xx

Miabella

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »

Hi Tiddles,

I was on antidepressants, had been for a few years, and initially didn't link my increased anxiety to menopause. Only when I realised that night sweats had also started did I make the connection. I have only had 2 ‘menopause appts' with my doctor. The first she increased my AD dose, the 2nd she didn't want to change my meds as I was going on holiday a few days later.
So now I find myself abroad for 2 weeks and really struggling as ADs not working and can't get to a doctor until next week. But I am learning fast that I will have to try and be clued up before I go. My dr isn't against me going on HRT but not sure how knowledgeable she is. I just want to feel better and soon. This is so awful

Dotty

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »

Hi have a look at Dr Louise Newson's website   mymenopausedoctor.com

You will find loads of info to put your mind at rest and there is a symptoms sheet to fill in. If you can't find it post on here and I'll locate it for you.

Don't be scared of HRT. It has given me back my life.

Anti depressants should not be used as first line treatment for depression and anxiety caused by menopause. Good luck x

Miabella

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 12:47:49 PM »

Thanks Dotty. I'll check it out later

X
Pages: 1 [2]