Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Going crazy!!  (Read 2923 times)

Sammas

Going crazy!!
« on: July 15, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »

I normally post on here in relation to migraines, but today it's because I think I'm cracking up.  I continue to take 2 ADs, Estroven and lots of bits and minerals, eat well generally and exercise, but feel I'm losing the plot! I keep crying, feel achy, tired, irritable, sick, anxiety and that I could basically jump off a cliff.  I'm going on holiday on Wed and am now dreading it even though I was looking forward to going.  Any advice please. Husband just doesn't understand! Thanks x

Miabella

Re: Going crazy!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 05:39:09 AM »

Hi Sammas,

I can't offer much except empathy - I was like you this time last week - about to go on holiday and dreading it, mainly due to anxiety. I am now on day 6 of my holiday, and whilst I'm not feeling great a lot of the time, anxiety hasn't got worse. Nor have the night sweats or flashes and i'm In a hot country.

Do you think you're feeling worse because you're worrying about the pre-holiday preparations and about how you'll be when you're away? I think with hindsight there was a bit of that with me, as once I got here I did feel a bit of relief that the packing, journey etc was over

My main problem with being away is keeping occupied when it is over 30 degrees most days. Walking helps me at home, and just generally having a routine to stick to, and that isn't easy to do here.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I very much understand your feelings re holidays when you feel like that and yes it's very hard for others to understand

Xx

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 05:53:35 AM »

Thanks for your reply Miabella.  Do you take HRT? How old are you? I'm worried HRT will make things worse I've just turned 50 x

Miabella

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 06:12:47 AM »

Hi Sammas,

If you want to read it, there's a post I started in new members last week about not wanting to go on holiday, and that fills in my background. Briefly though, I'm nearly 57, had my last period a year ago, have been on ADs for a few years, then last autumn the anxiety started. I have had anxiety before so didn't relate it to the menopause until a few weeks ago, largely as my ADs didn't seem to be helping this time (though I am on a different one from what's worked before). Anyway, my doc increased the AD dose, I was sure that would do the trick, but when I went back after 3 weeks like she'd said I should, I still wasn't noticing any difference. We agreed though that because it was a week before I went on holiday it wasn't a good time to start on new meds, and she said there's still a chance the ADs will kick in.
I haven't tried HRT, like you I feel unsure about it, but I have an appointment with doctor already booked for when I get home and I think we will need to talk HRT as I don't want to go on like this. But I hate starting new meds, wondering if they work, if how I feel is related to the meds etc. I probably should also change my AD but what to do first - that or HRT.

Meantime, I am trying to get through this holiday, which sounds so ungrateful, but I know everyone on this forum will know that's the menopause talking and not how I feel when I'm not anxious.

What is your story?

Sammas

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:06:25 AM »

Hi Miabella,
I fully understand about getting through a holiday, that's why we are going abroad for 7 days and not 10/14.  I have had depression in the past due to hormone imbalance I teach full time and have 2 teenagers I have felt Perimenopause symptoms, looking back for about 7 years in varying degrees.  The anxiety comes and goes.  Like you, I don't know what to do for the best, just know I can't carry on like this! Do you work? X

Miabella

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 06:00:17 AM »

Hi Sammas,
We are half way through a 14 day holiday and I am not sure how I can last for another week. That said, if I was at home I probably would still be feeling like this and would be worried about coping with my responsibilities there. Anxiety hits wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

Yes I work, but just part-time. Have 2 children - 24 yr old and a 13 yr old. Last night I admitted to my husband how I felt about being here while I feel so bad. Trying not to let my daughter know how bad I feel. My doctor prescribed me a few Diazepam in case things got really bad, but I see them as a very last resort and haven't taken any as yet.

The heat is another issue for me here. Always been a lover of warm climates but this year I hate it.

When are you going on holiday? Do you have an appointment with your doctor to discuss possible HRT?

X

Sammas

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:57 AM »

Miabella, We are off to Majorca, you? We normally go away for longer. I haven't yet made an appt with the docs Which part of the uk are you from? I live in the Midlands S x

Miabella

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »

I live in Scotland and we are in Italy just now.  We normally go away for about 2 weeks but I wouldn't have booked for so long if I had known I'd be feeling like this. When do you go?

Sammas

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »

We go on Wed Miabella I'd love to go back to Italy, but when you feel like we do anywhere is too much.  I hope you have an ok day today Feel free to privately message me anytime S x

Burchers

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 06:44:31 AM »

Omg Misbella and Sammas it's like reading about myself.
I thought I was on my own with my anxiety about going on holiday.I to work in a school and where as everyone is excited about finishing for 6 weeks I dread it.

Miabella

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 07:09:36 AM »

Hi Sammas. How do I private message?

Sammas

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 07:14:27 AM »

Miabella, go on to my profile I think x

Sammas

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:26 AM »

Butchers, when I got really tearful on Sat my husbands response was ‘ You've just broken up for 6 weeks' He just doesn't understand x

Miabella

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 07:17:52 AM »

Hi Burchers. Not that I would wish this on anyone but it is good to know I'm not alone. I too had been dreading finishing up at work for 3 weeks holiday but you feel if you tell people that they will think you're mad.
I am finding this forum to be a lifeline at the moment. All the support and similar stories help a little bit. Right now I can't stop worrying about how I am going to get to the end of this holiday. I know I shouldn't be thinking further than the next hour but it's so hard to do that. I hate that I am spoiling everyone's holiday.

Tiddles

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »

I normally post on here in relation to migraines, but today it's because I think I'm cracking up.  I continue to take 2 ADs, Estroven and lots of bits and minerals, eat well generally and exercise, but feel I'm losing the plot! I keep crying, feel achy, tired, irritable, sick, anxiety and that I could basically jump off a cliff.  I'm going on holiday on Wed and am now dreading it even though I was looking forward to going.  Any advice please. Husband just doesn't understand! Thanks x

Hi Sammas

I experienced all of the symptoms you describe but since getting my HRT right (Femoston 1/10) all my symptoms have gone. Maybe its time for a review of your meds? - you shouldn"t have to feel the way you're feeling. Xx
Pages: [1] 2