Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Relationship between anxiety and night sweats/hot flashes  (Read 963 times)

Miabella

Relationship between anxiety and night sweats/hot flashes
« on: July 15, 2018, 05:13:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

This may seem like a no-brainer, but I'm new to this whole menopause business so bear with me.

Anxiety is the symptom I'm struggling with, and because I have suffered with it in the past, my doctor isn't 100% convinced that it's menopause related this time. But I'm noticing that if I have a day or night with hardly any flashes or sweats then the anxiety tends to be less, and also vice versa. This makes me think that the anxiety probably is linked to menopause.

I guess what I'm asking is do others feel that when they have a bad day all their symptoms are bad or does it tend to be that one symptom can be bad but others not bothering you?

I hope this makes sense

Miabella x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Relationship between anxiety and night sweats/hot flashes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »

Some ladies find that they get very anxious, or sick, or dizzy slightly B4 a hot flush arrives.  So definitely related to hormones.  Think back to your menstruating days, did you ever get really hot, anxious, sick pre-bleed?  I certainly did.

Maybe once you R home, keep a mood/symptom/food diary to discuss with your GP?  About 3 months record should do it.

Miabella

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 05:14:29 PM »

I never had any problems when menstruating, and thought that meant menopause would be the same!

I have noticed that when I have a good day anxiety wise I don't get any hot flashes either and probably didn't have any night sweats the night before. If like today it's a bad day then I get the whole package so I think the anxiety must definitely be hormonal

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 05:14:55 PM »

It's certainly a possible connection.

periwinkle68

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »

My anxiety certainly was triggered when I entered perimenopause.  I just posted in another thread my whole long story about it.  My bottom line was to tell people to be careful with a doctor just immediately prescribing high doses of medications to treat anxiety.  They can be very difficult to come off of and in some ways, can make the situation worse.  Not for all people, but my story is a cautionary tale on anxiety and prescription medications for it. 

Miabella

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 05:02:25 AM »

Thanks Periwinkle. I may read your post when I feel more up to it. I am really struggling with anxiety at the moment, am on holiday which in some ways making things harder, and I know reading worrying posts right now will make me more anxious.