Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patches won’t stay on!  (Read 2395 times)

40andmenopausal

Patches won’t stay on!
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:37:11 AM »

Help please, I have recently been diagnosed as peri menopausal, very young, I'm only 40. My doctor prescribed me HRT patches , which so far seem to be working, my flushes have definitely reduced as have the night sweats. My problem is getting the blighters to stay on! They're meant to last a week and doctor only gave me 4, but i'm only managing to get them to stay in place for 4 days. I'm currently putting them on my hips, and am very careful when showering and drying. Please advise me where I'm going wrong . Where would you advise me putting it? Thank you

Tinkerbell

Re: Patches won’t stay on!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »

I had the same problem, so I changed to Estrogel.
One tip is to warm the patch between your hands before putting in onto your skin, also make sure your skin is dry and don't uses any lotions on that area.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »

My lovely GP tried to persuade me to use patches- as i am overweight apparently (9st)
But i managed to get the pill form
I hate patches after my nicotine patch phase , but the TENS machine experience (slipped disc), really did for me.... i was using gaffer tape to keep them on - very attractive 😆

Salad

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »

It's so frustrating when that happens!
It sounds like you're doing what you should ie clean, dry skin. Do you hold it in place for a while too?
When I used a weekly patch I had to change it every 5 days as not only did it peel up at the edges but I could feel the effect wear off.
I use Estradot now - they are much smaller than a lot of patches and super sticky - never had one peel up let alone fall off  :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »

I had this problem with FemSeven. It's worth following application instructions exactly especially as to how long to press them with your warm palm. Some have had success with blasting them with a warm hairdryer to get them to stick. I've found the best place is the buttock. I'm not sure I would be able to get mne to stick on the hip. :-\

Which patches are you on?

Taz x

Wilks

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »

I was on evorel sequi patches which you change twice a week, so they never had to last 7 days. I'm now on Estradot which (as Salad says above) are smaller and very sticky so I've had no problems with them.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »

I was on Everel sequi and couldn't keep them on for the 3 or 4 days ewquired. I found the best place the front of my thigh, but possibly because I used the same place each time (different legs) it gave me a rash. Now on gel.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:45 PM »

I bought some plaster type things off e-bay, to cover my patches
when I was on them, can't remember their name, but they're like
a plaster for burns.. they act like a second skin.
They were good, come in all different sizes andShower proof too.
In fact, someone posted about them on here, that's how I found out.

Jd x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »

Hi jillydoll. The problem with covering them with a plaster is that the hormones are contained in the adhesive so if the adhesive is not activated then the hormones are not always absorbed by the body in the full strength. It's good it worked for you though.

Taz x

40andmenopausal

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »

I'm on femseven conti patches. I'll keep trying different places but may have to go ask the doctor to change it them. They definitely work although I'm having a bit of a meltdown today because I can't see in a floor length mirror 😩

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »

Don't know about that Taz2,
They gave me horrendous migraines, so I stopped them and
changed to femoston conti. Lol
But in hindsight, maybe they weren't stuck properly and the migraines
we're down to meno symptoms. Who knows...
Anyway, my migraines are few and far between now thank goodness.

Jd x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »

Glad to hear that Jd

Taz  :)