Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 1455 times)

Sandra W

Utrogestan
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:10:51 PM »

Hello All, can someone taking utrogestan advise please. I have just been put on it & have been told to take 100mg from day 1-25 each month. I started on 1st July so when I stop on 25th July when do I start taking them again? I got the impression that I am supposed to take from the 1st of the month each month but of course some months have more days than others so it wouldn't be consistent. Thank you.

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:17:25 PM »

Hi you are supposed to take it for 25 days out of 28, so three days off then start again. However my consultant said to take it for 25 days and then start again on the 1st of next month to make it easier remembering when to take it.

And just to make it more confusing, some consultants say take it every day without a break .

NinaH

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:02:43 PM »

I take mine without a break - even those few days off send my hormones haywire. I prefer mine on a nice even keel  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:50:59 AM »

Hi Sandra W

:welcomemm:

It also depends on where you are in menopause. If you are post-meno ( ie without natural period for at least 12 months) then you take it either 25 days out of 28 (this might give a small bleed if womb lining has built up), as Dotty says or every day as Mamachunk and this should not give a bleed at all - but can cause spotting depending on the oestrogen dose.

If you are peri-menopausal then you should be taking it 12 days out of 28 at 200 mg.

The 1st of the month thing is presumably so it's easy to remember! However as you say - a month is usually 30 or 31 days so then it almost becomes cyclical ie 25 days out of 31....

If you are post-meno ( or even very late peri) just try it and see ie 1st of every month - and see how you go?

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:39:40 AM »

I am very much post meno but only take it for 12 days per month.  :-\

Sandra W

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:47:57 AM »

Thank you ladies - it seems there are some differences in advice given then. Maybe I will try the 1st of the month for 25 days & see what happens - it certainly would make it easier to remember what day you are on that way!