Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice needed...Forgot my Oestrogel... can I replace it with a patch for 1 week?  (Read 1476 times)

SandJ

Help... I'm in Lisbon for 1 week and I forgot my Oestrogel at home in the UK  :( . I normally take 2 squirts every night. Oestrogel is not available here but the pharmacy gave me Dermestril 25 patch to use. It wasn' t clear to me if they thought it would be a suitable temporary replacement.. I'm at a conference and don't have time to find a doctor.... Or should I just wait out the week?

Thank you for all suggestions and advice!

Sandra

Dancinggirl

You could use the patch - 25 is a low dose but it will probably help you in the mean time and you could put 2 of these patches on if flushes emerge. DGx

Tempest

You can certainly give it a go, but bear in mind that the patch is a different dosing schedule to your gel and therefore the switch might cause fluctuations - and this could happen too when you switch back to the gel again.

If your symptoms are reasonably copeable, it might be worth hanging tough until you get home and can resume your usual regime.

I guess it's really your call as to how you might be feeling for this week. Good luck! xxxx

SandJ

Tempest, Dancing girl, thank you so much for your quick responses...MUCH appreciated. I have an anxiety disorder and the thought of starting flushing again didn't help that at all! :P (when I was flushing they were like panic attacks as well has the heat issue). Feels so good just to have some support.

paisley

It might be easier to wait until you get home as the patch isn't a daily absorption like the gel is & might take some time to stabilize on it by which time you could be home but on the other hand if you are showing signs of oestrogen withdrawal it might be better to take something than not anything at all. Difficult call. Xx

Annie0710

When I was just on oestrogen pill I forgot to take them to Spain, we were going for 10 nights and I was worried sick how I'd be.  I didn't notice a difference at all ! But carried on as soon as I got home x

Tempest

SandJ - I can relate! My flushes are like this too (mine went away, but are back)! If it was just the heat, I could probably handle it. xxxx

SandJ

Just to say that in the end I didn't use the patch, just waited it out, and started up once home. I didn't experience any flushes during the week off, maybe some very very mild ones once I got home, but hard to tell because of the heat wave!
Thanks all for the support.