Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Severe anxiety on Femoston  (Read 3751 times)

Hillbilly

Severe anxiety on Femoston
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »

Hi all.

My GP gave me Femoston and I took 2 full packs but I've had to stop due to severe anxiety. I tried to make it to the 3 months but it's got so bad i can't take it any more.

I felt great when I first took the white tablets then my mood dropped on the grey ones. The second pack, I felt a bit better on the white again but nowhere near as good as I did the first lot. The grey tablets brought me down again and after taking 2 of the white tablets on my final pack I gave up. I'm sat here now with my stomach in knots and feel awful. Oh and my libido has completely disappeared  :(
All my other symptoms went away, so it hasn't been a complete disaster but the anxiety is awful.

I'm waiting for my GP to ring me but can anyone offer any advice on what might work?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Severe anxiety on Femoston
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:37:06 AM »

Is it the progesterone part of the treatment that affected you?

Which symptom would you like to ease first?  Put it into the search box on here and see what pops up?

Hillbilly

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »

Yes the progesterone part.

I definitely felt it helped all my other peri symptoms but this anxiety is off the scale!

I'll have a search, thank you.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »

Let us know once you've read some of the threads  and I'm sure that someone will be along who has taken HRT.  I didn't want to leave you without a response as I have severe anxiety at times.  Not hormonally linked though.

Hillbilly

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »

Let us know once you've read some of the threads  and I'm sure that someone will be along who has taken HRT.  I didn't want to leave you without a response as I have severe anxiety at times.  Not hormonally linked though.

Thanks, I appreciate it  :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »

:hug:

Miabella

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »

Hi Hulahoop,

I can't offer any advice re your meds but I understand and sympathise with your anxiety, which I know is truly debilitating and awful. Hope you get good advice from your doctor. Let us know how you got on. X

Hillbilly

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »

Hi Hulahoop,

I can't offer any advice re your meds but I understand and sympathise with your anxiety, which I know is truly debilitating and awful. Hope you get good advice from your doctor. Let us know how you got on. X

Thanks, Miabella, that's kind  :)

Hillbilly

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »

Hi all, my GP has changed me to Elleste Duet.

I only chatted with her on the phone so I forgot to ask when to start taking them? I took my last Femoston on Saturday so have only missed one day, can I start the Elleste straight away or will I need to wait until I bleed again?