Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Random heavy bleeding!  (Read 840 times)

thegregs52

Random heavy bleeding!
« on: July 16, 2018, 08:35:21 AM »

I have been peri-menopausal for about 3 years now and have regular symptoms of hot flushes, severe itching, tiredness and irritability during this time.  I had an endometrial ablation about 6 years ago so my periods have always been very light and for the last 3 years I've just had a bit of a show for a couple of days and my cycle has been 7 monthly  :-\ until this weekend.  I had the most horrendous period pains that I hadn't had that bad in absolutely years followed by a really heavy period that has so far lasted for 3 days and during this 3 days I am still having the period pains that ease slightly with ibuprofen.  Is this normal as it was a bit of shock after so long!  :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: Random heavy bleeding!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM

This could be peri meno giving you grief but I would get this checked at the GPs. Why did you have the ablation?  Maybe the benefits of this ablation have worn off? You might benefit from having a Mirena fitted so you could use some oestrogen to help with meno symptoms. DG x

thegregs52

Re: Random heavy bleeding!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »

I had the ablation done because my periods were so heavy but it has been fine since until now.  I had the mirina coil fitted before the ablation but it didn't work on me and I bled heavily for 8 weeks so they decided to remove it.  I'm in 2 minds to speak to the GP about HRT but my symptoms are only at their worst when it is either time of the month or the time when it should be.  I also have Hypothyroidism so I don't know if thats affecting it as well!   :-\