Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: new to the site  (Read 1837 times)

nikki1

new to the site
« on: July 06, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »

Hi can anyone help.  I was started on Evorel Conti patches and had this for 4 months but had quite a few bleeds so my dr stopped it.  It had stopped my flushes, aches and I was sleeping better.  I've been on Tibalone for 1 month now but I can't sleep, have worse than ever aches but no flushes will this settle or is it not for me.  Any ideas, Im going to my Dr in 2 weeks.

Dotty

Re: new to the site
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:39:09 AM »

Bleeding is expected for up to 6 months especially on Conti hrt so you probably needed to use the Evorel Conti for longer to let your body settle.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:57:04 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm nicki1

Do tell us more about yourself eg age, when you periods stopped etc.
It's often best to start with a sequential hrt first ( that will give monthly bleeds) before moving to a conti hrt but erratic bleeding is normal in the first 3-6 months on any conti hrt.
Tibolone can be good for some women but it can take a few weeks for any hrt regime to settle. I slept really well when I tried Tibolone.
It is trial and error till you find a hrt that works for you and it requires patience. No hrt will be without some side effects.
The Mirena with seperate oestrogen as gel or patch is often the easiest non bleed hrt regime, so is well worth considering. DG x

nikki1

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:01:56 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  Dancingirl Im 54 my period stopped about 18 months ago but I was having night sweats and other symptoms for maybe a few years before this.  I was pretty sure I wasn't going to go down the HRT route but then the hot flushes started in the daytime and I thought i'd give HRT a try.  So much contraversy out there about it and I'm still unsure to be honest.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:31:59 AM »

Hi nikki1

Have a look at Dr Louise Newson's website mymenopausedoctor.co.uk

There is lots of up to date info on there which will help you get a clearer picture of the pros and cons of HRT. A lot of the controversy about HRT has been proved to be incorrect.

Good luck.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »

Nikki - the NICE guidelines clearly state the HRT is the front line treatment for meno symptoms - don't take any notice if negative press stories as so much if it is poorly researched or simply wrong.
The chall meg with hrt is finding the regime that suits you. We are all
Different so it can be trial and error till you find the combination that suits you. It's also unreasonable to expect to not to experience some side effects - so it is benefits versus side effects. There are more risks of breast cancer and stroke if we are overweight, smoke or drink too much alcohol, whereas taking hrt has many benefits.
You do not have to move to a conti regime like Livial now you are post meno - many women, well into their 60s, stick with a sequi regime because they feel better on it than in a conti hrt. The only down side of a sequential hrt is that you hav put up with a monthly bleed( which can be preferably to the erratic bleeding on a conti hrt)  - although some women can get away with doing a slight longer cycle. DG x