Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi, palpitations with low heart rate, and periods at the wrong time  (Read 1621 times)

Dingo

Hi, new to the forum, but I'll try to make this as clear as I can.

I recently started on evorel sequi patches (two and half months). My GP and I both think perimenopause likely as my periods had got very irregular over the last couple of years, after always having been very regular, night sweats, mood swings, increased headaches. I am 45. I have some long term mental health issues with some crossover symptoms though as well (depression, anxiety, trauma), so it's not always clear cut what is causing what!

So far on the patches, my periods have not regulated to the week they are supposed to - I'm on my fourth period in ten weeks. I had periods in week two and four the first month, week two the second month, and week two this month. The information says my period should be in week four.

So, question one - how long should I expect to be on these patches before my periods regulate to week four?
Question two - is it possible that my own hormones are interfering too much with the hrt hormones?

Yesterday, I had a period of freaky palpitations, outside of anything that I would consider normal for me. I occasionally get anxiety/stress related palpitations, but they are short lived and these felt different.
This is the second time since starting on Hrt that this has happened. The thing that is concerning me is that the palpitations are going on for a long time, and also that they are accompanied by a low, and times irregular, heart rate, rather than a fast one.

Question three - do other people experience palpitations with a LOW heart rate?
Question four - is this likely to be related to the hrt, or menopause?

I am seeing my GP on Wednesday but was curious to find other people's experiences in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:56:32 PM by Dingo »

Dotty

Hi are the patches Evorel Conti? These are for post menopause and should not be giving you a bleed.

Dingo

Hi are the patches Evorel Conti? These are for post menopause and should not be giving you a bleed.
sorry, no it's the sequi. Will try and change the title!

Dotty

I think it can take up to 6 months for your body to get used to hrt, so you maybe need to persevere for a bit longer.

Dingo

I think it can take up to 6 months for your body to get used to hrt, so you maybe need to persevere for a bit longer.

Do you know anything about the palpitations? I only seem to be able to find info for palpitations and increased heart rate.