Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Acne - peri menopause  (Read 1668 times)

anon2021

Acne - peri menopause
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:01:17 AM »

Hi there,

I started on Estradiol, Utrogestan and Testosterone back in May for peri menopausal symptoms.

I'm 48 and through my 40s I've suffered monthly from acne (am assuming cystic as it's sore bumps under the skin). I've just coped with this on my own but I was rather hoping that the meds I'm now on would help sort this out as it is definitely hormonal.

Do I need to adjust my dosages?

Estradiol 2 pumps gel - at night
Utrogestan- 100mg - at night
Androfeme - tiny amount morning

I'm fastidious about cleansing routine use acne related Roche Posay and use very little makeup or non comodegenic

To be honest I've not been taking the Testosterone every day as it seemed to be working a bit too well!!! Ha ha 😳

My other symptoms seem to be completely under control, it's heaven to feel “normal” again and getting proper sleep! 😀

Any advice most welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!

Hurdity

Re: Acne - peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 07:39:56 PM »

Which stage in your cycle do you get the acne and do you take the progesterone every day and orally? It could be realted to this especially if your still have your underlying cycle? It might also be caused by the testosterone?

Sorry not to be able to help further. I have never had acne of any description ( apart from the hot raised red bumps on my cheeks - not proper acne - when I was in late peri-menopause but HRT cured that). Hopefully someone else who has suffered similarly will be able to help

Hurdity x

anon2021

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »

Thank you Hurdity, seems to be before period. I take Estradiol daily and Utrogestan daily for 25 days then a 4 day break. Testosterone should be daily but as i mentioned found it to be a bit full on so maybe i dont really need it and actually i had stopped using it for at least 3 to 4 weeks so possibly too much Progesterone? Dr wants me to return for more blood tests but its so prohibitively expensive i might just be better changing myself to the lesser progesterone protocol where i still have my period. We had taken this route to try and avoid a period as they had been so heavy and lasting 2 weeks.

To be honest I feel so much better than I did i dont really care about the acne and ,maybe it will just take more time to sort out than just the 8 weeks i have been on this.

Thank you again for always being the first to offer help, much apprecuated!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »

Me and the old,acne have a very long history together.
It was at its best - non existent- when i was on the pill many years ago.
After that it exploded, literally, face , deep cysts, neck- badly scarred.
I am now on femoston and it,s pretty okay, but does flair a bit toward the end of the progesterone phase.
If there is one thing i have learned in many years so called ‘expert ‘skin care advice is usually about clever marketing and🐂💩
Hygiene makes no difference at all, in fact the more you wash etc the worse it gets. Most OTC stuff is utter rubbish as is a lot that is given on prescription! The only thing i ever found truly effective was REtinoids.
I suppose it boils ( no oun intended!)down to what symptoms are worst and which bother you more.
I am using retinoids AND HRT