Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Starting estelle duet 1mg  (Read 1071 times)

Loki

Starting estelle duet 1mg
« on: July 05, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »

Hi

I wonder if anyone can offer me any advice, I've been prescribed elleste duet 1mg for perimenapause symptoms. I am still having bleeds but these are very irregular and can be more spotting than actual proper periods. I'm on day 5 of one of these at the minute. The ticket on the box says to take the first tablet on day 1 of a period. The label inside says day 1 of a period if regular but if not having regular periods start straight away. So do I start now or wait for however long it might be until I start bleeding again,? 

I've  also seen varied reviews about it, especially about weight gain so am a bit apprehensive as I've already gained weight and don't want to add to it but am desperate for a good night's sleep and to feel normal again. Will it help?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:34:18 PM by Loki »

Vieja Bruja

Re: Starting estelle duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »

I too take Elleste Duet 1mg due to peri symptoms, my bleeds were very irregular and sometimes heavy and painful.  I haven't gained weight (but I haven't lost any either - I was already overweight).

My doc told me to start straight away, which I did.  I now have regular bleeding (just after the end of the packet) which is much lighter and more manageable.  The uncontrollable morning sweats have now gone and I feel clear in my head again. 

x

Sgtvhilts

Re: Starting estelle duet 1mg
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »

Hi
I took elleste duo 1mg to start with. It was great. Started on day 1 of period(had one around time it was prescribed)BUT then the progesterone phase....🤢nausea ++++. Swapeed to femoston and no more nausea. Great stuff. Symptoms after 3 months are 85%better.gone
As for the weight gain... not yet BUT as i am now feeling more human and sociable i am more likely to go,out and over indulge!! Especially since my ibs symptoms have also improved. I will need to be really watchful on that one......but any gain will be down to my own over consumption 🎉