Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tridestra,maybe as present HRT appears not controlling bleed as well as it did.  (Read 1286 times)

pepperminty

Hi,

is anyone on Tridestra, if so please could you tell me about your experiences.

thanks Pepperminty
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:49:07 AM by pepperminty »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tridestra
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:23:38 PM »

Perhaps put the product name into the 'search' box?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:55 PM »

Hi pepperminty

Not many members use this product and those that have as far as I recall have had problems with breakthrough bleeding before the 12 weeks have elapsed. I think there are 10 weeks of oestrogen only? It depends how far into menopause you are - although it suggest late menopause is good - and theoretically if periods are very few and far between, it should be, I think other members have been put on it  when they skip the odd period here and there which is why it hasn't worked. Form what I recall some have said the bleeds have been heavy too as it's a long time to be on that dose of oestrogen..

As CLKD says - if you go to the home page of the forum you should be able to find the other threads.

Have you been prescribed this? There are other ways of doing a long cycle HRT - especially if you take separate oestrogen and progestogen and perhaps lass than the 12 weeks of Tridestra eg some women take Utrogestan every other month. I take it every 6-8 weeks under the supervision of the doctor.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »

Hi Thanks Hurdity,

I am on Femosten 1/10, but take an extra half a tablet of Zumenon, every other day.
 My periods for the last 3 months have been a bit erratic- one on time at the end of the pack and 2 periods on day 7 and 10 of new pack, my 4th period appears to be on time at end of pack.

I am aware that sometimes HRT may have to be changed if it doesn't control the periods. Am I right?

Femosten has worked for me so far, I have tried the mirena coil- with terrible side effects, and Prempac c initially which drove me bonkers on the progesterone phase.

I am just getting as much info as I can at the moment. I hadn't heard much about tridestra.

I don't want to change unless I have too, as Dygesterone although not perfect ( I get achey and tired) it is the lesser of 2 evils!

I am 51 and suspect that I am post meno.

I did up my estrogen by another quarter of a tablet per week for a month, that was 3 months ago and my boobs blew up, and became painful- my partner couldn't even hug me as they hurt too much. So I am sensitive to estrogen too, although I am aware that the boob issues tends to resolve itself , and I will try the small increase again soon, as I feel that I need more.

Any further thoughts on the above would be most appreciated.

Thanks Pepperminty x

pepperminty

Hi ladies, a bleed of sorts has happened on the last 3 tablets of Femosten - end of pack, but it is very light and black in colour.  Does blck blood have any significance? And also the fact that the tablets don't appear to be controlling my bleed regularly any more.

Thanks Pepperminty.

Hurdity

This could be because you are taking extra oestrogen but you probably won't know if you are post-meno if you were peri when starting HRT? Why not try Femoston 2/10 or does that give you too much oestrogen? Side effects ( the boob issue!) hopefully will settle....

Hurdity x

pepperminty

Hi Hurdity,

Yes I started Femosten peri menopause. I did try 2/10 but that gave me awful bleeds and cramps and I did not feel great on it. So taking an extra half a tablet of extra  estrogen every other day worked well. But now my periods seem to be less regular and are changing. I seem to be aching more at the moment too. If I increase my estrogen i know i need to do it very gradually. I am just wondering whether the tablet route is no longer working for me? Or whether it is a blip.

Thanks Pepperminty