Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Itchy nipple  (Read 4519 times)

Chestersmum

Itchy nipple
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »

Hi all
I've seen some old posts on this but it suggested starting a new topic. In last week ( I presume hot weather) has caused very itchy nipple and it has a red rash looks like dermatitis. Saw doctor today. He examined no lumps etc and he's prescribed a steroid and go back next week. I've terrified myself it's Paget's disease now. It came on so suddenly I'm hoping it's normal hormonal stuff. Have any of you got any advice.

Tinkerbell

Re: Itchy nipple
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »

I had this and had the dermatitis type irritation and it was related to me washing my hair in the shower.

Chestersmum

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:50:22 AM »

Was it shampoo getting on your skin?

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »

I've had this but it is related to what appears to be hormonal blockages and is a bit like mastitis.  There is a condition where the ducts get bunged with debris around menopause.  https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/duct-ectasia

I seem to have a permanent problem with it atm so I am considering asking to be referred back to the breast clinic.  The couldn't find it last time; it showed up on the mammogram but had gone away by the time I went to the clinic but they did say to come back if worried.

Unfortunately, it first appeared when I had my first mammogram and the technician was a bit too rough and oversquashed, leaving me sore and bruised for a while.  Until then, I had not had a problem since breast feeding some years ago  ::)

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »

I too had probs (still do) with itchy skin around nipple ( panicked also re Pagets) saw GP all okay and now use Betnovate cream soon as i feel any itch, it works wonders, had the itch a little more during hot spell, but normally go weeks without any probs..

I noticed i got the itch when wearing certain bra's so must have been something in the lining.. so got rid of any bra that caused the itch, now only have 4 bra's in my drawer..x

Chestersmum

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »

It's very scary. How long do you have to use steroid cream before it improves.

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »

Funnily enough I also have this!  It came at the same time as all my other problems ( bowel perforation etc etc ).  I also use betnovate which keeps it quiet for a good while.  The itching is awful ! I too worried about Pagets thanks to Dr Death (google ).
I think the cream takes a couple of days to take effect x

Rosebush

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 12:33:11 PM »

I just use a tiny amount when I feel any itch starting, takes about 15mins to feel itch subsiding, I noticed it more with certain bra's, so have thrown a lot away, must be something in linning that cause's irritation >:(  x

Keep your eye on any rash though and if it gets nasty see your GP..xx

Chestersmum

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »

Thanks ladies for your replies. I went straight to Gp as soon as I saw it was a rash - i later remembered I'd accidentally sprayed hairspray which caught this breast after the gym and I wished I'd Eshe's it off. The next day it was boiling and I stupidly wore a synthetic bra. It came up in space of few hours. Doctors did examine no lumps (I check anyway) prescribed steroid cream which seems to be working. He saw me again Thursday and noted it was improving git to see him again in a few days. My friend is Macmillan nurse and says it's a very low threshold for referrals so I'm hoping if he'd seen anything worrying he would have referred. It seems to be improving.

Rosebush

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

C M how is your rash today, hope the cream has helped..x

Chestersmum

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »

Hi I'm still anxious it's not itchy anymore and the rash round the outside has gone it's jyst the areola around the nipple looks a bit bumpy a bit like some of ducts might be blocked. I realised the thing it got sprayed with by accident was texture hair spray mat and messy so I guess it was a bit like putting a glue on there . I wish I'd washed it off as it definitely sat on the skin overnight. I wonder what these blocked ducts look like. Can they clear up with steroid cream. I'm terrified I won't be able to go holiday in August as it's serious.

dahliagirl

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »

Hmm - not sure this is kosher but here goes  8)

Ibuprofen ever 4 hours, most comfortable breast shaped bra, warm bath (and pick off any crunchy bits - this is probably the iffy bit - don't over do it and dry carefully and put some of your cream on afterwards)