Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: extreme confusion with estradiol different brand abroad  (Read 2022 times)

laszla

extreme confusion with estradiol different brand abroad
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »

I've been on oestrogel for a month, 2 pumps a day. I found myself abroad for work longer than expected and ran out so went to pharmacy in Italy where they didn't have the same product and have given me something called Estreva which seems to be oestradiol 0.1.
Even at the pharmacy they were confused about matching the dose but tentatively suggested 1 and a half pump but I'm not convinced: the estrogel I took in UK seems to be 0.06 estradiol, with each dose of 1.25 grams providing 0.75 mg of 17B estradiol according to the label. This presumably means I take 1.5 mg per day as I take 2 pumps?
The estreva blurb says an average dose is 1.5 mg per day provided by 3 pumps as each pump provides 0.5 grams
Can anyone help me find the equivalent dose, I'm scared of messing this up and the numbers are incredibly confusing even without peri brain fog.

Hurdity

Re: extreme confusion with estradiol different brand abroad
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 07:28:32 AM »

Just to clarify - the 0.06 refers to the concentration of estradiol - the active ingredient - in the product ie 0.06%. In the case of oestrogel this means there is 0.6 mg estradiol in 1 g of gel (ie 0.6 mg per 1000mg). The 0.1 % means there is 1 mg in 1 g gel which is the same concentration as Sandrena in UK. Two pumps oestrogel at 0.06% gives 2.5 g gel = 1.5 mg estradiol.  So yes the equivalent is exactly according to the Estreva blurb since each pumped dose only deliver 0.5 g gel. (With Sandrena it would 1.5 sachets as each sachet contains 1 g gel.)

I presume you did not speak to a pharmacist because the calculations are very simple for a pharmacist who should be able to work it out routinely!

You may notice a difference even applying the same dose because if Estreva is like Sandrena it takes longer to dry and may affect absorption - either greater or less than oestrogel - so do be prepared for a bit of a blip - but you may not notice anything hopefully!

Nothing wrong with your brian laszla - you seem to have got a good handle on it! (Just hoping my brain is working this time of the morning!).

Hope it works for you - do let us know how you find it :)

Hurdity x