Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: sandrena and hot flushes  (Read 1329 times)

Macjac

sandrena and hot flushes
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your helpful responses to my questions so far. I am new to all things HRT and still trying to understand it all and set expectations.

I have been using Sandrena gel 1mg for nearly a month.

I just wanted to check  - what I should be expecting.  Is the hope that the oestrogen gel actually stops you having hot flushes or just reduces them a bit.

I have yet to notice any improvement yet really.  Maybe they are a bit less frequent.  I realise I haven't been taking it very long but am unsure how much of an improvement I should be hoping for.

Thanks

Macjac

Hurdity

Re: sandrena and hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »

Hi Macjac - using transdermal oestrogen you should definitely be noticing an improvement in the frequency of hot flushes and sweats ( a reduction). Have you been keeping a diary of these? If you really don't think you have then an increase in dose is suggested - talk to your doc or if you have been given leeway to experiment yourself then perhaps now is the time to do so. What dose are you on? Presumably you are waiting until it has dried properly so you know it has absorbed - I know Sandrena takes a long time so hopefully it's not rubbing off on your clothes or sheets?

Hurdity x

Macjac

Re: sandrena and hot flushes
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »

Hi

Thanks I figured I should be seeing an improvement.  I am rather making it up as I go along based on info found here so unsure what to do next.

I was just about to do a more general newbie post in the new members section actually, which I will do now.

Thanks

Jacki