Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: another probably stupid question re utogestan and sex  (Read 1488 times)

Macjac

another probably stupid question re utogestan and sex
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »

Hi me again

So question this time is re Utrogestan.  I am using this days 15-26 vaginally (100mg) last thing at night.

Whats the deal with having sex during this time?  Is it ok to do so before you insert the tablet?  Or in the morning after using one?

Unsure how ling it takes to absorb / risk it transfers to partner?  (Sorry if TMI)

Thanks

Macjac

Tinkerbell

Re: another probably stupid question re utogestan and sex
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:17:36 AM »

Not sure about your night question, but it would be absorbed by the morning.

Macjac

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 05:21:00 PM »

Thank you.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »

Interesting question... I'd like to know too - CHRIST knows why as my libido is so non existed I currently swear I would be content to never have sex again............ (but not happy!!)
Same applies to Oestrogel.. on inner thigh... would a sweaty session not transfer this to your partner??

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »

Oestrogel leaflet says no skin contact or an hour. Don't know the answer to utro.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »

Well I tend to insert it (the UTRO that is) after sex (if at night) - but then the question is do you know if you're going to indulge or not? On occasion we have done it after insertion of the prog and doesn't seem to have brought on bleeding early on anything but not ideal really. There is a lot of info on progesterone and men on having a quick look and some of it contradictory it seems - but I'm sure morning sex would be fine. Oestrogen transfer to men/children/(pets) is more of an issue I would say.

However  Nikkisyard - I would absolutely not apply oestrogel gel at night on thighs (or shoulders for that matter) if sharing a bed with male partner or child for the very reason you suggest. Apply it in the morning, and in the summer be aware of what you are wearing and who you are in close contact with in the first hour at least, to avoid transference.

Hurdity x

Macjac

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 07:53:11 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.  ;)