Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Swapping from patch to gel  (Read 1458 times)

Zara69

Swapping from patch to gel
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »

I have managed to get hold of Oestrogel and utrogestan to try on a sequi regime.  I currently use evorel sequi and I am on the first week of oestrogen only patch..I don't have a withdrawal bleed as I've had an ablation.  I am eager to try the gel, do you think I can (when due a patch change) just start using 1 or 2 pumps and then utro from day 15? Or do I have to wait the whole month until I finish the box of patches? Thanks for any advice x also I'm going away...is it ok to stay on oestrogen for a month? I don't bleed but prog part of the month is never so good

Annie0710

Re: Swapping from patch to gel
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »

Hi Zara

I don't know about the progesterone part as I don't use it but I switched from patch to gel when I was due a patch change, oestrogel is great for tweaking the dosage for symptom relief  x

Zara69

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:59:33 AM »

Thanks Annie...I think I will just start the gel because at some point I'll have to stop patches and move to gel, as I don't bleed I don't suppose it matters that much when I do it! Thank you! X

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »

Let us know what you think to the gel, I love it x

Zara69

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »

Well....I took my patch off and used the gel with no break after only 4 days my urethral irritation which was more or less constant on Evorel Sequi (for over a year) has gone....I'm jumping the gun by saying that and it will probably come back but I am a bit shocked... why would gel be so much different? But so far so good ...obviously got to try the utrogestan which I'm a bit anxious about

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »

Try not to worry. I use Utrogestan and Oestrogel with no side effects at all.

Zara69

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »

Thanks Dotty...often you only read about the problems not the success stories.  Do you swallow them or poke them! ?😂

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »

Zara 69 - you are quite right that you only hear the bad things and it's one of the downsides of forums. I was really scared when I started Utrogestan as I had read so many horror stories, but I've been fine. I take utrogestan orally every night. X