Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Melatonin Production, Night Sweats and Wool Duvets.  (Read 1279 times)

Kathleen

Melatonin Production, Night Sweats and Wool Duvets.
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:09:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

I already have a thread about wool duvets but I discovered something today that may be of general interest.

Apparently one of the reasons that night sweats are so debilitating is that every time our body temperature rises our melatonin production is interrupted and it is this response that wakes us up. It is suggested that if we can arrange our environment so that our perspiration and heat are wicked away then our body temperature would not rise as much resulting in consistent melatonin and more restful sleep. Apparently wool is the perfect temperature regulator so using a wool duvet  should be very beneficial. Now admittedly I learned this from a site selling the duvets but I think it is an interesting idea and wondered what you ladies thought of it?

I look forward to reading your comments ladies and wish you all well.

K.

Wilks

Re: Melatonin Production, Night Sweats and Wool Duvets.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:28:40 PM »

Interesting. If you have any merino base layers for sports you could try wearing one at night as an experiment before you fork out for a wool duvet?

luna66

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:27 AM »

Merino underwear was an absolute life saver for me when I was having night sweats. It's seriously good. Wicks away sweat amazingly, and really helped to improve my sleep.

Machair

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:03:57 AM »

Well I have no idea if this is true but I have a wool duvet and absolutely adore it. No need to spend a fortune either. I have two one from Homescapes and one from Sleep and Soak - both are absolutely lovely and I would never change from these again.

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 07:47:05 AM »

Hi machair I just had a look at homescape and was very impressed with their prices and reviews.I ordered a super king wool summer duvet 2 king size wool pillows and 2 king size pillow slips including express delivery £147 that's  fantastic.thanks so much for the advice ladies maybe the duvet on duvet off performance every night will stop now lol.its the pillows that really annoy me so fingers crossed.thank you again machair.xx

Machair

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »

Lovely I think you will be very pleased. I love my wool duvet so much. I also love their Super Microfibre Damask Pillows which although not wool are so soft and lovely. Hubby has a wool pillow and really loves that! xx
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:23:23 AM by Machair »

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 08:38:23 AM »

I won't be able to report on them till I'm back from holiday now but I've every confidence in them so thank you again for suggestions,I pay that for my normal silk duvets and pillows which boil me but are snug in the winter when I first get in.i usually have two single duvets so I bought a super king this time in case my testosterone kicks in while I'm snuggling up 😂😂

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »

I would agree with the wool thing.
I went through a phase of quilting and filled one with some sheep wool fleece stuff and the difference is really noticable, compared to the ordinary wadding - which is polyester i think.
Also , duck and goose down are better too - a lot less sweaty than ordinary quilts/duvets.

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »

Hi machair well I've had a good trial with the new wool pillows king sized and wool duvet and I have to say they are fab.hubby loves the pillow,very impressed and huge thank you again for recommending xxx

Machair

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »

It was my pleasure. I love mine and really would not change back to anything else. :)